Ian Stirling

Default Source for 1.25" layflat tubing?

Nigel M wrote:
I've just bought a submersible pump with an outlet spigot to take 1.25"
tubing. Can anyone suggest a source for 1.25" layflat PVC tubing?

http://www.plasticsbypost.co.uk/

Exact size is unimportant (once you're over)
Ian Stirling

Nigel M wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Ian Stirling wrote:

http://www.plasticsbypost.co.uk/

Thanks, but this is the problem I had when using a search engine. I want
heavy duty layflat tubing (at least 1mm wall thickness, preferably 2mm).

This source is 125 microns maximum, it's a long polythene bag!

Oops.
However, I have used this stuff for pump output.
If it's not walked on, and it's not going over sharp stuff, it works well.
Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:43:24 GMT, Nigel M wrote:

I've just bought a submersible pump with an outlet spigot to take
1.25" tubing. Can anyone suggest a source for 1.25" layflat PVC
tubing?

Machine Mart? I've seen the stuff in their cat bit not noted the sizes
available.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Peter Andrews

"Nigel M" wrote in message
I've just bought a submersible pump with an outlet spigot to take 1.25"
tubing. Can anyone suggest a source for 1.25" layflat PVC tubing?

I've used this http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=051025150 from
Machine Mart.

Peter

Peter Stockdale

"Nigel M" wrote in message
In uk.d-i-y, Ian Stirling wrote:

http://www.plasticsbypost.co.uk/

Thanks, but this is the problem I had when using a search engine. I want
heavy duty layflat tubing (at least 1mm wall thickness, preferably 2mm).

This source is 125 microns maximum, it's a long polythene bag!

2 inch layflat tends to be the industry norm. Could you not step upto this
size with an adapter.
Why do you need layflat ? You can get nonlayflat in 1.25 commonplace.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Peter Stockdale

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
.uk...

"Nigel M" wrote in message
I've just bought a submersible pump with an outlet spigot to take 1.25"
tubing. Can anyone suggest a source for 1.25" layflat PVC tubing?

I've used this http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=051025150 from
Machine Mart.

Peter

Yes - I apologise, this does seem to be a better solution than my previous
offering

Peter Stockdale