Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source of Stainless Steel Tubing

Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder
..I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that
will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Usenet Nutter wrote:
Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder
.I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that
will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .

Have you checked Ebay? I recently wanted some ally tube - and although the
price per metre was probably higher than from a stockist, the small
quantity I needed cost me less in real money, including postage.

--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in message
Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder
.I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that
will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .

Somewhere that builds food or drinks machines maybe ? Maybe a model supplies
shop or company ? Stainless is not easy stuff to work with as it tends to
work harden.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:59:58 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Usenet Nutter wrote:
Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder
.I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that
will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .

Have you checked Ebay? I recently wanted some ally tube - and although the
price per metre was probably higher than from a stockist, the small
quantity I needed cost me less in real money, including postage.

I did check Ebay but obviously wasn't putting in the right search
terms .I have had another look and found this place amongst others so
hopefully will get what I want .thx again
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Southe...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:06:16 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know offhand of a source for stainless steel tubing mailorder
.I've had a look but not found anywhere .I'm looking for tubing that
will take M6 threaded rod so possibly M8 OD would do .

Somewhere that builds food or drinks machines maybe ? Maybe a model supplies
shop or company ? Stainless is not easy stuff to work with as it tends to
work harden.

Arfa

It'll just be short straight lengths so there will only be cutting
involved and no bending. I need it to cover threaded rod .I'm making
a rod carrier using glaziers suction devices that you stick to car
bonnets and roofs to carry fishing rods short distances .
Thx for your help.