Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Very cool shaped charge..with a difference...

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...

Uh, to neutralize car bombs, like the guy said in the video?

What do I win?

Steve

Get a free electronic book before they run out!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:28:35 -0600, Lewis Hartswick
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...

Huh???

Think the blast would have been that small if a standard charge had been
used to take out the vehicles with those arty rounds in the boot?????

Blink blink

Watch it again.

How about this? No idea what its used for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSPi16MVUo&NR=1

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APDe5...eature=channel

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.

The shaped water charge separates the bomb from its detonator without
detonating the bomb. Don't you think that's handy, lew?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.

The shaped water charge separates the bomb from its detonator without
detonating the bomb. Don't you think that's handy, lew?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

Well, that's more useful in some neighborhoods than others...

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...

Huh???

Think the blast would have been that small if a standard charge had been
used to take out the vehicles with those arty rounds in the boot?????

Blink blink

Watch it again.

How about this? No idea what its used for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSPi16MVUo&NR=1

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APDe5...eature=channel

The Krakatoa is a fun little piece of plastic, isn't it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEij9zHEe0

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...

Huh???

Think the blast would have been that small if a standard charge had been
used to take out the vehicles with those arty rounds in the boot?????

Blink blink

Watch it again.

How about this? No idea what its used for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSPi16MVUo&NR=1

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APDe5...eature=channel

The Krakatoa is a fun little piece of plastic, isn't it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knEij9zHEe0

Ayup. Can be quite a parade stopper if triggered at the right moment.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

adaptive technology. Cutting bundles of wire. Cutting railroads sticks.

Chopping firewood.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 8/22/2010 10:14 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Lewis wrote in message
m...
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.
...lew...

Uh, to neutralize car bombs, like the guy said in the video?

What do I win?

Steve

Get a free electronic book before they run out!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel

I don't see the purpose of it.

The shaped water charge separates the bomb from its detonator without
detonating the bomb. *Don't you think that's handy, lew?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

How can you fantasize that you Know where the detonator and charge are
located with taking the bomb apart first to see how it is built????
How do you know where it is located in the trunk without taking it out
and looking at it??????

Why can't that blast set off the charge, or trigger the detonator?????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cross-Slide wrote:

wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel
I don't see the purpose of it.

The shaped water charge separates the bomb from its detonator without
detonating the bomb. Don't you think that's handy, lew?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

How can you fantasize that you Know where the detonator and charge are
located with taking the bomb apart first to see how it is built????
How do you know where it is located in the trunk without taking it out
and looking at it??????

Why can't that blast set off the charge, or trigger the detonator?????

C4 = 18000 feet per second?

All the wires get cut before anything mechanical (like a switch) can move.

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
cavelamb wrote:

Cross-Slide wrote:

wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHJo9...eature=channel
I don't see the purpose of it.
The shaped water charge separates the bomb from its detonator without
detonating the bomb. Don't you think that's handy, lew?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.

How can you fantasize that you Know where the detonator and charge are
located with taking the bomb apart first to see how it is built????
How do you know where it is located in the trunk without taking it out
and looking at it??????

Why can't that blast set off the charge, or trigger the detonator?????

C4 = 18000 feet per second?

All the wires get cut before anything mechanical (like a switch) can move.

What if the detonator is electronic?

More to the point, most such bombs are not set up to trigger if hit with
explosive force. The water blade is strong enough to tear the bomb asunder, but
not strong enough to detonate military explosives.

This is a follow on to a device used to open briefcases thought to contain a
bomb: An extremely powerful water jet generated by a little bit of explosive in
a very heavy steel container filled with water with a nozzle at one end. I
forget the name of the gadget, but there are some videos on YouTube.

One does not use such devices unless it is fairly clear that there is a bomb, or
one is *very* suspicious, as the briefcase or car will be destroyed in the
process. The intent is to recover as much evidence as possible, and to reduce
local damage. Otherwise, just use a shaped charge, or a big wad of C4.

Joe Gwinn