Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One room cool and other oom not that much cool

bought a new house in Allen, Tx and during the last couple of months
in the summer I noticed that the room above the garage gets very cold
where as the media room next to it does not get that cold. Media
room
is a bigger room and is insulated on 3 sides as per the builder. I
run the projector only once or twice a week for about 5 hrs to see
couple of movies. Other than that nothing is running in the media
room. All
the other rooms upstairs are fine.

I had the builder look at it and they suggested that I keep the vent
closed a notch in the room above the garage. That did not help. He
checked all the vents and he said everything is fine as per the blue
print. I am not getting a satifactory answer. What could be wrong
and what are the possible solutions to fix the issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 22, 10:49 pm, wrote:
bought a new house in Allen, Tx and during the last couple of months
in the summer I noticed that the room above the garage gets very cold
where as the media room next to it does not get that cold. Media
room
is a bigger room and is insulated on 3 sides as per the builder. I
run the projector only once or twice a week for about 5 hrs to see
couple of movies. Other than that nothing is running in the media
room. All
the other rooms upstairs are fine.

I had the builder look at it and they suggested that I keep the vent
closed a notch in the room above the garage. That did not help. He
checked all the vents and he said everything is fine as per the blue
print. I am not getting a satifactory answer. What could be wrong
and what are the possible solutions to fix the issue.

Lots of things could be wrong. They could have not provided enough
duct capacity to the media room. Or it could have no returns. Or a
duct could have been improperly installed, wrapped with a little bit
of tape, come loose and is disconnected. My guess would be that the
media room is at the farthest end of the run.

Do an inspection of the ducts and returns in that area. Find out
which other rooms feed off the same duct route. Then close registers
on rooms that are cooler on the same path and make sure everything is
open in the media room. What volume of air is coming out of there
now? It should increase when you close off some of the other
registers on the same ducting.

Check the attic venting and insulation. Is the attic well vented
with soffit vents and hopefully a ridge vent? Is insulation in place
and also not blocking the soffit vents? Placing a radiant foil
barrier against the rafters can also help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I had the builder look at it and they suggested that I keep the vent
closed a notch in the room above the garage. That did not help. He
checked all the vents and he said everything is fine as per the blue
print. I am not getting a satifactory answer. What could be wrong
and what are the possible solutions to fix the issue.

Try two notches, or three notches. Be sure the return vent in the warmer
room is not blocked.

cool!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 Home Repair 0 March 21st 07 05:59 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!1 aviel570 Home Repair 0 March 21st 07 05:54 PM
AC doesn't cool room Trent-Lion Home Ownership 4 June 26th 05 12:48 PM
cool-crete or cool-deck reader Home Repair 2 March 14th 05 05:32 PM