reader

Default cool-crete or cool-deck

I need to pour a 4" slab of decking around a pool and match it to the
existing one with cool-crete (or cool-deck...is there a difference?)

Is cool-crete (cool-deck) a product one can buy, or is it a specific mix of
cement, sand and other ingredients?

The existing slab has a knock-down texture which I plan to match by spraying
cool-deck material from a sheetrock texture sprayer if it will flow, or by
splashing the material from a stiff broom. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

SQLit

"reader" wrote in message
om...
I need to pour a 4" slab of decking around a pool and match it to the
existing one with cool-crete (or cool-deck...is there a difference?)

Is cool-crete (cool-deck) a product one can buy, or is it a specific mix

of
cement, sand and other ingredients?

The existing slab has a knock-down texture which I plan to match by

spraying
cool-deck material from a sheetrock texture sprayer if it will flow, or by
splashing the material from a stiff broom. Any suggestions are

appreciated.

Thanks

Kool deck as it is known here, is the same as what your asking about.

Yep you can buy it. Pool/plaster wholesalers will sell to almost anyone. so
walking in with cash will get your product loaded in the back of your
vehicle. 75 pound bags if I remember correctly.

The finished product is expensive if you hire some one to do it. The
materials are not cheap either. I did some patching of my kool deck before
I sold it and a quart bottle was ~$20.

Do you deal with adhesion of concrete products often? I do not and would
not consider what your trying to do. First I could never match or come close
to the existing pattern. Second I do not own a mixer nor the amount of time
it takes to do a good sized area.
You have to prep the concrete and then install. If you do it in sections it
will look like that when your done.

Ross Mac

"reader" wrote in message
om...
I need to pour a 4" slab of decking around a pool and match it to the
existing one with cool-crete (or cool-deck...is there a difference?)

Is cool-crete (cool-deck) a product one can buy, or is it a specific mix
of cement, sand and other ingredients?

The existing slab has a knock-down texture which I plan to match by
spraying cool-deck material from a sheetrock texture sprayer if it will
flow, or by splashing the material from a stiff broom. Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks

My neighbor has that cool crete coating around his pool and since we are in
Florida and have sandy soil it is cracking all over the place and is just 18
months new....good luck, Ross

Removing Mold From Plywood Deck HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 4 February 19th 05 05:25 PM
deck problem John D'Errico Home Repair 3 August 30th 04 12:02 AM
Cedar deck maintenance Eric Woodworking 3 October 11th 03 10:39 PM
Varnishing a house deck? [deck refinishing] Emily Lattella Home Repair 2 July 16th 03 08:07 PM
cool deck removal jvan Home Repair 1 July 3rd 03 09:50 PM