Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mystery Gorton J-22 pics

RCM only

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:43:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewGorton#

Anyone know what the hell the spindle actually is? Is it really a
Gorton Spring Collet and nothing else?

Holy Termite Trouble, Batman! Isn't it time to replace that white oak
lumber on the bottom of your trailer, mon? It's seen its century of
work so far, I'm guessing. Think how much it would cost to replace a
block or three of Interstate-5 when that Gorton dropped through onto
it, hmm?

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewGorton#

Anyone know what the hell the spindle actually is? Is it really a
Gorton Spring Collet and nothing else?

Holy Termite Trouble, Batman! Isn't it time to replace that white oak
lumber on the bottom of your trailer, mon? It's seen its century of
work so far, I'm guessing. Think how much it would cost to replace a
block or three of Interstate-5 when that Gorton dropped through onto
it, hmm?

Nah..thats not my trailer. Mine has much thinner 1" plywood in it, and
only a single axle. That belongs to the guy who I got the mill from.

After that photo was taken, I found him enough near new 2x8s to redo the
bottom and a full sheet of 1/4" plate to give it some skin.

Free.

I got it for him, and helped him change it out and set it up.

Thats one of the reasons he brought me the mill and the press, 97 miles
north, one way.

Friends help out friends.

And when he left..he left with all sorts of stuff. 5-6 Drill chucks, a
case of new surface grinder wheels, 8" lathe chucks... etc etc shrug

Few people come to my house and leave empty.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/NewGorton#

Anyone know what the hell the spindle actually is? Is it really a
Gorton Spring Collet and nothing else?

Holy Termite Trouble, Batman! Isn't it time to replace that white oak
lumber on the bottom of your trailer, mon? It's seen its century of
work so far, I'm guessing. Think how much it would cost to replace a
block or three of Interstate-5 when that Gorton dropped through onto
it, hmm?

Nah..thats not my trailer. Mine has much thinner 1" plywood in it, and
only a single axle. That belongs to the guy who I got the mill from.

Whew!

After that photo was taken, I found him enough near new 2x8s to redo the
bottom and a full sheet of 1/4" plate to give it some skin.

Free.

I got it for him, and helped him change it out and set it up.

Thats one of the reasons he brought me the mill and the press, 97 miles
north, one way.

Friends help out friends.

Cool.

And when he left..he left with all sorts of stuff. 5-6 Drill chucks, a
case of new surface grinder wheels, 8" lathe chucks... etc etc shrug

Few people come to my house and leave empty.

I know that as an absolute fact from firsthand experience, my friend.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.