Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Riser

Default Gorton Pantograph Restoration is Completed

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What a truly incredible piece of restoration!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the photos with all of us.

Harry C.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

Excellent job!!
"James Riser" wrote in message
k.net...
Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor

On Tue, 16 May 2006 21:11:00 GMT, "James Riser"
wrote:

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Man, that looks great!

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

According to James Riser :
Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Congratulations on an excellent job!

But you might want to check the spelling on the twelfth word in
the first sentence on the web page. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Well done!

Dad has a small table top version - but that is a nice large one!

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

James Riser wrote:
Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

wrote:

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Hey James,

Looks fantastic!! Super job, and so good that you did the pix as you
went along. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of fun now, eh!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Well done sir!! It looks very very nice. Excellent job!

Gunner, Gorton 3Z

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

James Riser wrote:

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.

Really a nice tool!

Regarding your (aluminium-)table: I put ABS-sheet under the work-piece
to protect the table. It is stable enough, cheap enough and can be
easily and quickly cut to size and doesn't disturb the milling (or
engraving for your application).

Nick
--
DIY-DRO // Eigenbau-Digitalanzeige
Available now in USA / Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

In article t,
"James Riser" wrote:

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Very, very nice!

Congratulations on your new old pantograph!

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Excellent job. Very well done! I'd like to do a job like that on my
power hacksaw, but while ever it works well I doubt I'll get round to
it, even if it looks a little scruffy.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Cutt

James Riser wrote:
Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Nice job . What everyone here really wants to know now is
"do you do windows" ;-)
Ken Cutt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

xray wrote:

Practical, but isn't this a sacrilege in this group?

Milling in the table? ;-)

Nick
--
DIY-DRO // Eigenbau-Digitalanzeige
Available now in USA / Canada
http://www.yadro.de
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Looks great James i'm envious. I almost picked up a pristine one and a
number of other bits from a company that had closed down and the site
was being cleared but in the end the demolition contracters knocked the
building down on top of the stuff as they couldn't be bothered to sell
it. Probably time is money but I did get about £3k of slitting saws and
side an face cutters for £60, covered that selling to some local model
engineers.

James Riser wrote:

Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
daniel peterman

Masonite or acrylic makes a nice sacrificial base layer. Scrape acrylic
is really cheap. PVC foam (sintra is a trade name) is even cheaper. Find
a sign shop nearby smaller pieces just get trashed.

Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Riser
Done!

Those interested may see it at:
http://www.JamesRiser.com/Machinery/...h/Restore.html

Enjoy.
Jim
It's just beautiful!!!
Congratulations.
Make sure you use it though.
Regards, Tony.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Riser

Nick;
I have several boxes of thin acetat sheeting (overhead projector type) that
I plan on using as sacrificial material. The aluminum plate came wih the
pantograph and the grooves were done by the previous owner. Fortunately, it
is still flat enough to be useable.
Jim