Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dropped posts... Accuracy of opened up holes...

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I responded earlier today, but Optonline dropped my post. g

Yes, I'm having the same problem. One of my e-mail accounts is screwed up,
too.

I made one post this morning in gunners fit thread. It didn't show up. I wonder where
the bottleneck is?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 12, 5:30*pm, Wes wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Wes wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I responded earlier today, but Optonline dropped my post. g

Yes, I'm having the same problem. One of my e-mail accounts is
screwed up, too.

I made one post this morning in gunners fit thread. *It didn't show
up. *I wonder where the bottleneck is?

It's all Snooki's fault.
LOL
I always thought the character Mimi from "The Drew Carey Show" was a parody.
Now I'm wondering who saw who first.

I know who Mimi from Drew Carry is, I also remember fondly Mimi from Mechanix Illustrated
back in the 60's or so, I have no clue about this Snooki person. *I don't watch OTA
television (Broadcast). *I haven't watched NBC/CBS/ABC in over a decade..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanix_Illustrated

Ah for those good old days. *I seem to rember Gus's Garage but I couldn't find a link. *I
liked that column also. *Am I remembering correctly?

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller- Hide quoted text -

That was Gus Wilson in the Model Garage in Popular Science. You can
read it on Google Books. As coincidence would have it, I read an
episode yesterday while waiting on hold (billable time).

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/247yw66 for an example.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

That was Gus Wilson in the Model Garage in Popular Science. You can
read it on Google Books. As coincidence would have it, I read an
episode yesterday while waiting on hold (billable time).

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/247yw66 for an example.

Thanks for a chuckle at an end of a very hot and busy day. Good ole Gus.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I don't watch OTA television (Broadcast). I
haven't watched NBC/CBS/ABC in over a decade.

It's a cable show.
Animal Planet has it's limits.

"Jersey Shore" (and, thus, Snooki) isn't on broadcast TV. It's on MTV. Don't
you guys watch MTV? g

I live a sheltered life. FNNWS, C-Span1, C-span2, Comedy Central. I get the right,
neutral and left view of our world from that tiny selection.

Damn, I guess I get Jersey Shore Channel 160 on Dish. Damn, I'm paying for that chit? I
want ala carte programming, I shouldn't have to pay for programing for well, I was going
to say something, but since you and John seem to be watching it, I won't insult you. But
damn, you guys run down fox news and watch this crud. I'm going to have to change the
channel soon, I'm losing brain cells just watching a few minutes of it. YUCK!

I can't take it anymore. I'm heading over to real reality tv, CSPAN, maybe I can catch a
repeat of Rangel trying to talk his way out of his legal jamm, that should be a hoot.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I don't watch OTA television (Broadcast). I
haven't watched NBC/CBS/ABC in over a decade.

It's a cable show.
Animal Planet has it's limits.

"Jersey Shore" (and, thus, Snooki) isn't on broadcast TV. It's on MTV.
Don't
you guys watch MTV? g

I live a sheltered life. FNNWS, C-Span1, C-span2, Comedy Central. I get
the right,
neutral and left view of our world from that tiny selection.

Damn, I guess I get Jersey Shore Channel 160 on Dish. Damn, I'm paying
for that chit? I
want ala carte programming, I shouldn't have to pay for programing for
well, I was going
to say something, but since you and John seem to be watching it, I won't
insult you.

I have watched a total of one minute of Jersey Shore. John and I are just
funnin'. My son says it's so bad that college kids watch it for laughs.

As for you paying for multi-channel packages, what's your problem, don't you
believe in free enterprise? g If you don't like it, switch providers.

Oh, they're all doing the same thing, you say? Well, that's competition.
Not.

But
damn, you guys run down fox news and watch this crud. I'm going to have
to change the
channel soon, I'm losing brain cells just watching a few minutes of it.
YUCK!

I really doubt if John watches Jersey Shore. Personally, I've watched less
then three minutes of reality shows, in total, since the first one came on
the air.

I can't take it anymore. I'm heading over to real reality tv, CSPAN,
maybe I can catch a
repeat of Rangel trying to talk his way out of his legal jamm, that should
be a hoot.

Make sure you have a fresh pot of coffee going. It's not easy to stay awake
with C-Span.

When I want to watch the Jersey Shore, I drive over there -- with a fishing
rod or some crab lines. I'm not interested in the Guidettes. I had enough of
them by the time I was 22. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I live a sheltered life. FNNWS, C-Span1, C-span2, Comedy Central. I get
the right,
neutral and left view of our world from that tiny selection.

Damn, I guess I get Jersey Shore Channel 160 on Dish. Damn, I'm paying
for that chit? I
want ala carte programming, I shouldn't have to pay for programing for
well, I was going
to say something, but since you and John seem to be watching it, I won't
insult you.

I have watched a total of one minute of Jersey Shore. John and I are just
funnin'. My son says it's so bad that college kids watch it for laughs.

I hope you guys were not watching it. I was shocked when John said he was watching Glenn
Beck with his mom. I like Beck, I like Rush, I don't buy into everything they say.

As for you paying for multi-channel packages, what's your problem, don't you
believe in free enterprise? g If you don't like it, switch providers.

Everyone is forced to bundle. The content providers force the carriers to take more than
they want and everyone has to pay for it. I haven't watched ESPN since they carried the
Tour de France but I'm paying for it, or shall we say I'm subsidizing it.

Oh, they're all doing the same thing, you say? Well, that's competition.
Not.

No, it is a monopoly. Something I am against. How many major cell phone providers exist
today? ATT seems to own what Verison doesn't. The baby bells have regrouped.

But
damn, you guys run down fox news and watch this crud. I'm going to have
to change the
channel soon, I'm losing brain cells just watching a few minutes of it.
YUCK!

I really doubt if John watches Jersey Shore. Personally, I've watched less
then three minutes of reality shows, in total, since the first one came on
the air.

Oh about 10 years ago I watched some of the original survivor shows but I was married and
she had it on. Back then it was a bit unique.

I can't take it anymore. I'm heading over to real reality tv, CSPAN,
maybe I can catch a
repeat of Rangel trying to talk his way out of his legal jamm, that should
be a hoot.

Make sure you have a fresh pot of coffee going. It's not easy to stay awake
with C-Span.

Normally I watch it on saturday and sunday drinking coffee, the rest of the week, I replay
it at night in bed. The joy of a PVR. Some nights I sleep though parts of it 3 times but
on other nights they have someone on that really is interesting that cuts into my sleep
time. With no commercials and my tinnitus, it works for me.

When I want to watch the Jersey Shore, I drive over there -- with a fishing
rod or some crab lines. I'm not interested in the Guidettes. I had enough of
them by the time I was 22. d8-)

I need to get out and fish again. I like wading down a nice trout stream on a weekend
morning. I got a bit too heavy for my old waders, realized that I problably will never
fit them again no mater how hard I try since they were tight to start out with and gave it
to my coworker who had two sets of waders and 2 kids. With dad that didn't work out so
well. I should have just bought bigger waders but I kept telling myself, you can do it.
Well, I didn't.

Hell, I have a 4 piece Orvis graphite fly rod in 7 weight on a shelf in the gunsafe. Won
that over a decade ago and haven't taken it out yet. Time is flying by on me. I'll do
that next weekend, I have to work this one, is turning into years. I'll try to make
opening day for next years trout season. New set of waders included

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

I can't understand how anyone can listen to Beck without looking to see
where the men in white coats are hiding. That man is one weird mental case.

As for you paying for multi-channel packages, what's your problem, don't
you
believe in free enterprise? g If you don't like it, switch providers.

Everyone is forced to bundle. The content providers force the carriers to
take more than
they want and everyone has to pay for it. I haven't watched ESPN since
they carried the
Tour de France but I'm paying for it, or shall we say I'm subsidizing it.

Oh, they're all doing the same thing, you say? Well, that's competition.
Not.

No, it is a monopoly.

More of an oligopoly. They all have the same interest -- fleecing the
customers for all they're worth -- and, thus, they all behave similarly.
It's been described as a cartel without overt collusion. They don't need
collusion. They just need for the "competitors" to continue to have the same
interest, and to do predictable things.

Something I am against. How many major cell phone providers exist
today? ATT seems to own what Verison doesn't. The baby bells have
regrouped.

Again, that's free enterprise. Or, more accurately, it's the
Reagan/Bush/Clinton version, which is to say, anything goes. Getting rid of
anti-trust laws, or just looking the other way, is part of the neo-liberal
(read, "conservative") economic revolution. The other term for it, in
international contexts, is "The Washington Consensus."

Big business enjoys economies of scale, and sometimes things wind up cheaper
for the consumer when big fish swallow small ones. But often they don't --
cable channels and the oligopolistic mix of cable and satellite providers is
a perfect example. If you don't set some rules, they run wild, and it often
happens that they all have the same interest -- and competition is not in
their interest. If they have a compelling technology, like cell phones or
multiple TV channels, and if they can limit competition (through high costs
of entry, or municipal limitations on cell phone towers) they can squeeze
really hard. Medical insurance is the same deal. They have us over a barrel.

But
damn, you guys run down fox news and watch this crud. I'm going to have
to change the
channel soon, I'm losing brain cells just watching a few minutes of it.
YUCK!

I really doubt if John watches Jersey Shore. Personally, I've watched less
then three minutes of reality shows, in total, since the first one came on
the air.

Oh about 10 years ago I watched some of the original survivor shows but I
was married and
she had it on. Back then it was a bit unique.

It just never appealed to me.

[...]

Before you get your waders, get the rod out and make sure you have things
all together. Early morning bass fishing, with deer-hair bugs, and fishing
for sunnies with spiders or floating terrestrials (or cheap Asian dry flies)
is fun and doesn't require wading. This time of year, my favorite is fishing
for pickerel with streamers. But you need a canoe or boat. I still have to
finish building my Bolger canoe.

A 7-weight rod will handle all of those things. I hope the 4-piece
construction doesn't deaden it too much. Orvis rods tend to be soft-action,
anyway, so it may not matter.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Everyone is forced to bundle. The content providers force the carriers to take more than
they want and everyone has to pay for it. I haven't watched ESPN since they carried the
Tour de France but I'm paying for it, or shall we say I'm subsidizing it.

ESPN is trying to get people to drop Brighthouse Cable. Apparently,
ESPN wants another big hike in monthly fees and Brighthouse won't agree
to their extortion. It doesn't bother me. There are no sports channels
in the sub-basic package anyway.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Wes wrote:

Everyone is forced to bundle. The content providers force the carriers to take more than
they want and everyone has to pay for it. I haven't watched ESPN since they carried the
Tour de France but I'm paying for it, or shall we say I'm subsidizing it.

ESPN is trying to get people to drop Brighthouse Cable. Apparently,
ESPN wants another big hike in monthly fees and Brighthouse won't agree
to their extortion. It doesn't bother me. There are no sports channels
in the sub-basic package anyway.

I had Versus, a sports channel I like, for a while when Direct TV and the producers were
fighting over a rate increase. Hard on those that pay DTV's rates to not have a channel
they likely pay the higher rates for. It was nice for me though for a while. Versus has
firearm and cycling stuff. Things I like.

Sadly, ESPN is going to win, the easy chair sports types are going to bitch up a storm and
get their way.

I watch hearings periodically where dish and direct claim the price of their packages
would go up if we had ala cart. Well, yah sure if you want all 200 channels. I can get
my wants down to 6 to 7 and even if not subsidized by those that never watch my picks, my
bill should be lower. Arena sports are expensive and that is ESPN.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote:

?
?Wes wrote:
??
[...]

that was what HBO wanted, when they introduced the Videochipher II
system. They wanted a single clearinghouse so you could order only what
you wanted, but 'SPACE', AKA the satellite equipment dealers screamed
monopoly!!! Because of them, we ended up with the same tiered system
used by CATV systems. I got this information first hand, since the
system I worked at was chosen to do some of the early equipment tests.
The equipment we used all had a two digit serial number.