Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dropped posts... Accuracy of opened up holes...

Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote:

?
?Wes wrote:
??
?? Everyone is forced to bundle. The content providers force the carriers to take more than
?? they want and everyone has to pay for it. I haven't watched ESPN since they carried the
?? Tour de France but I'm paying for it, or shall we say I'm subsidizing it.
?
?
? ESPN is trying to get people to drop Brighthouse Cable. Apparently,
?ESPN wants another big hike in monthly fees and Brighthouse won't agree
?to their extortion. It doesn't bother me. There are no sports channels
?in the sub-basic package anyway.

I had Versus, a sports channel I like, for a while when Direct TV and the producers were
fighting over a rate increase. Hard on those that pay DTV's rates to not have a channel
they likely pay the higher rates for. It was nice for me though for a while. Versus has
firearm and cycling stuff. Things I like.

Sadly, ESPN is going to win, the easy chair sports types are going to bitch up a storm and
get their way.

I watch hearings periodically where dish and direct claim the price of their packages
would go up if we had ala cart. Well, yah sure if you want all 200 channels. I can get
my wants down to 6 to 7 and even if not subsidized by those that never watch my picks, my
bill should be lower. Arena sports are expensive and that is ESPN.

that was what HBO wanted, when they introduced the Videochipher II
system. They wanted a single clearinghouse so you could order only what
you wanted, but 'SPACE', AKA the satellite equipment dealers screamed
monopoly!!! Because of them, we ended up with the same tiered system
used by CATV systems. I got this information first hand, since the
system I worked at was chosen to do some of the early equipment tests.
The equipment we used all had a two digit serial number.