Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soldier's house foreclosed, sold to Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 17, 9:21*am, Ignoramus24975 ignoramus24...@NOSPAM.
24975.invalid wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...ard-captain-ba...

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

HOAs are the work of the devil.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24975 wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

Yahbut - there is a law that says you cannot foreclose on the home of an
active-duty soldier, which the husband certainly was. They are working
to reverse the foreclosure, and that will probably happen. Legal costs
are somewhat defrayed by contributions.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24975.invalid wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...ard-captain-ba...

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

HOAs are the work of the devil.

AMEN to that

I generally agree, But have you ever had to budget for a HOA? You're
sometimes faced with raising fees for those who pay their bills,
because the deadbeats blow you off. So I can see why Texas gave HOAs
the power to foreclose as the ultimate low fee remedy. The deadbeats
know that the cost of taking them to court for relatively small bills
is prohibitive. Man, I would have liked to be able to tell a couple of
those pricks that their equity on the line, and that *they* were the
ones who'd be paying the fees to escape the process.

All that said, cooler heads should have prevailed here. Failing to
respond to mail isn't the same as telling the HOA to take a hike. I
hope they get their house back, that their payments are raised to
cover the cost of the mess, and that no precedent is set. Because if
people can duck their responsibilities by claiming depression, then
good luck to future borrowers. You might have noticed that there's
been a sea change in attitude lately about walking away from
mortgages. I know of 5 people doing that. In at least a couple cases
they *could* keep making the payments if they wanted, but instead have
made a conscious "business" decision to screw over the lender. In one
of the others the borrower is in a genuine bind, but thinks that the
money he spends on cable TV etc. is a higher priority than softening
the blow to his lender. The more acceptable such things become, the
more difficult and expensive borrowing will be.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus24975 wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

Yahbut - there is a law that says you cannot foreclose on the home of an
active-duty soldier, which the husband certainly was. They are working
to reverse the foreclosure, and that will probably happen. Legal costs
are somewhat defrayed by contributions.

I agree, but if we are to believe the HOA, they asked DoD and got a
negative answer as to whether he was on active duty.

Considering how little the house fetched, I have some suspicions about
the real motives of HOA and whether they were in cahoots with that
"investor".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24975.invalid wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...ard-captain-ba...

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

HOAs are the work of the devil.

AMEN to that

Yes that and the web sites now days. Pop ups blocked, streaming video
right and left, flashing lights, ect. what we need is an op where you
can move in blocking screens over that crap so you can read. Reminds
me of the beginning of this video with the clowns around Dave's desk.
In a couple of more years they'll have distracting stuff between the
text. Usenet servers won't be maintained and every scrap of text will
be pay per view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc

Yep, bad drivers and now bad home owners, just kidding. And for the
rash of misunderstanding going on around here, ya know orientals are
considered bad drivers. Ok now it's my turn what is Jad Aboul-Jidin, I
tried to look it up and it shows your post for reference 0

Pretty sad when you own your house out right and the HOA sells it for
dues and they never bother to knock on the door. Her parents gave her
the house, I'd sue on the grounds that she had no idea they could do
that over fees, bet she was thinking to herself wait till hubby gets
back he'll take care of the HOA.

Talk about bad neighbors, looks like I have another one. What is the
deal with people now days? I just left a bad neighbor. This guy walks
over , surprised he didn't mail it, and hands me a copy of the county
ordinances all highlighted about the dog barking during the day and
how he's going to get them to come out and do surveillance on my
property. Couldn't come over and say that the dog is bothering him, no
has to make it like I'm being served. He's been bitching through the
other neighbor many times about other things already. What a pussy.
I'm about use up some scrap plywood and make up some vulgar virgina
and momma's boy signs for him. That or a big ****ing solid fence out
here in the middle of nowhere. He ****es me off so bad that I want to
scream PUSSY at his house every time I'm between the shop and house.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in message
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

There is another investor in the mix.
Somebody else bought it for $3,200 at foreclosure.
They sold it to Aboul-Jidin for $135,000

It is Texas law that gives HOAs the power to foreclose for back dues. I
wonder what other states allow this?
Around here, the worst they can do is slap a lein on the property.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24975.invalid wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...ard-captain-ba...

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

I agree that the HOA has way too much power, but as Wayne said, HOAs
also have bills to pay and are entitled to potect themselves from real
deadbeats. But there also have to be limits and a reasonable amount of
due process. To evict after falling behind $800 without so much as a
knock on the door is just plain evil.

BTW, what does the name of the purchaser have to do with anything,
other than it's a middle-eastern sounding name?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. Dickman wrote:

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in message
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

There is another investor in the mix.
Somebody else bought it for $3,200 at foreclosure.
They sold it to Aboul-Jidin for $135,000

Oh, I did not realize.

It is Texas law that gives HOAs the power to foreclose for back
dues. I wonder what other states allow this? Around here, the worst
they can do is slap a lein on the property.

I stay away from HOAs as far as I can. So I do not know. It is illegal
to foreclose on a house owned by a person who is deployed, however the
HOA seems to have received a wrong answer fron DoD that denied that
this person was deployed. What a mess.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. Dickman wrote:

[...]

What motivates people to be involved with an HOA? You can't be assured that
something like this won't happen. This is giving tremendous control to a
faceless group of people!!!
When we looked for a place to settle after 8 years over seas, we found some
of these HOAs. I wouldn't accept a Free house under most of the HOA
conditions. Which by the way can change to your disadvantage after you
accept the first go round. People that live in these do NOT own their own
home. You would be better off renting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24975 wrote:
On 2010-06-17, Paul K. Dickman wrote:
[...]

shame on us. I'm going to write my legislator and request that law be
overturned.
I am of the opinion that real property rights should be inviolate. If
you own property, and it's paid for, NO one, or NO agency should be able
to take it away from you - Period. Liens, sure, but foreclosure is a
remedy for a mortgage holder, period.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24975 wrote in
:

I agree, but if we are to believe the HOA, they asked DoD and got a
negative answer as to whether he was on active duty.

Read it again: the HOA only claimed that they'd asked about DEPLOYMENT
status.

It's entirely possible that DoD may simply not divulge that information to
a non-governmental entity such as a HOA. (Don't forget the hassels
perpetrated by various "protest groups" against the families of service
personnel.)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. wrote:

id wrote in message
[...]

The whole HOA thing starts with a developer that wants to sell homes,
but doesn't want someone to move a bunch of trash into their front yard
and diminish the value of the rest of the properties before he's taken
his bag of money and left. So he puts in restrictive covenants to the
deeds.

Because some folks who buy houses want these rules continued (mostly so
that _you_ can't paint your boat in your front yard), the HOA gets set
up to administer the rules after the developer leaves. Of course, the
only folks that want to be involved are the anal-retentive busy-bodies.
If you're lucky you end up in a development where nobody cares and the
HOA has gone dormant -- but my understanding is that the deed
restrictions are still there, waiting for someone to resurrect the HOA
and make your life miserable.

Fun stuff. You can find houses that don't have the deed restrictions
that put a HOA at your throat -- you just can't find them in most
developments.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. wrote:

id wrote in message
[...]

Our neighborhood has deed restrictions, mostly ignored, and an HOA that
is voluntary and powerless. $25/year It's primary purpose is to fight
off incorporation by Fort Worth by speaking with one voice.
That's about all the HOA I want.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. wrote:

id wrote in message
[...]

Older developments tend to have fewer deed restrictions, and fewer
people who are really anal about enforcing them. I'm _told_ that if you
can document consistent violations by other members of your developments
of the deed restrictions then you can fight them -- but it's an uphill
battle.

There's tons of information about this vis-a-vis amateur radio antennas,
because many developments have blanket restrictions against outdoor
antennas of any kind.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in message

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

This story has a few holes in it.

First off I assume that the place had at least a first mortgage. Who pays
that off? Seems to me in the current times it is likely that the $300k
condo was probably in hock for something close to the mortgage amount.
Doesn't the lender at least get the opportunity to par the dues and preserve
their interest?

This seems to me to be screwy.

--
Roger Shoaf

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24975 wrote:
On 2010-06-17, RBnDFW wrote:
Ignoramus24975 wrote:
[...]

There are so many foreclosed properties out there, they probably had a
limited number of bidders, and the HOA was only looking for the total
they were owed.

The bidder may also have known it was a long-shot bid.

BTW I could care less what the buyer's name was, that is immaterial.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
There's tons of information about this vis-a-vis amateur radio antennas,
because many developments have blanket restrictions against outdoor
antennas of any kind.

That is because of federal preemption. If you have a non conforming door
knocker you are SOL.

Of course to get even with the anal ones you could erect a big assed ugly
but exempt antenna, or submit a proposal to the HOA and when they balk offer
to forgo the antenna if you can have your door knocker.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

That is a sad story. It is about bedtime so I'm not going to do much research other than
pointing the the Soldiers and Sailors act I seem to remember from the 70's when I had the
honor of serving my country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service...vil_Relief_Act

There is a good chance that the HOA nazi's just put their nuts in a vise. Think civil
action.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

I would be thinking about having the entire unit camping out in the
HOA board's front yards. Maybe borrow a tank and do a little
landscaping? ;-)

How about early morning weapons training with live ammo? Reporting
them to the feds for met labs and grow houses?

It's bad enough we allow these tin nazis to run their fiefdoms, but
someone needs to put some fear into their lives. Even better, since
they don't mind bending the laws, sign up all the board members for
military service and request combat assignments for them. Tell them not
to worry about their homes, since they will be sold for $1 as soon as
they are hauled away for failure to report for duty.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Amen to your Amen.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in
message ...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

The homeowners' association's lawyer filed an affidavit wrongly claiming
that neither of the Clauers was on active duty, says Barbara Hale, the
couple's lawyer. Hale is seeking to have the court reverse the foreclosure
and declare it "null and void," she says.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010...tion-foreclose

Don't forget to invite the lawyer to the party.
He should get a nice columbian necktie for his excellent work.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

24975.invalid wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...ard-captain-ba...

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

HOAs are the work of the devil.

Dave

A $300K house in a development with a HOA is only worth $3200.00 in
my opinion.

I would never, ever, buy a house with a HOA.

I beleive in PA they are limited to a lien, but I've heard other
horror stories. They tell you what color you may paint your house,
who you must hire to paint it, when you are allowed to have your car
out of the garage ( you must always park inside WITH the door closed)
and the list goes on.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roger Shoaf wrote:
[...]

No mortgage, it was paid off.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

They should bronze the lawyer's shoes, while he's wearing them.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

Bronzing shoes is an electroplating process.
The plating solution isn't even particularly hot.
While it would definitely be an uncomfortable process, I do not think it
would achieve the effect you are looking for.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

It would, if you did each shoe in a different vat. Then a nice
leakage current could flow up one leg, and down the other as the
chemicals ate the skin from their feet.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

Anyone wanting to run for any political office in the US should have
[...]

That's better, but it still isn't as good I would like.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus24975 wrote:

[...]

How about connecting each vat to one of three phases on a 480 Wye
supply? The third phase can be connected to their aluminum foil beanie,
if needed.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

It would, if you did each shoe in a different vat. Then a nice
leakage current could flow up one leg, and down the other as the
chemicals ate the skin from their feet.

That's better, but it still isn't as good I would like.

Lets go the Chicago way, concrete overshoes and a river.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy wrote:

A $300K house in a development with a HOA is only worth $3200.00 in
my opinion.

I would never, ever, buy a house with a HOA.

I beleive in PA they are limited to a lien, but I've heard other
horror stories. They tell you what color you may paint your house,
who you must hire to paint it, when you are allowed to have your car
out of the garage ( you must always park inside WITH the door closed)
and the list goes on.

Thank You,
Randy

I wonder how many libertarians are in homes with a HOA.

Then I wonder about conservatives.

Then I wonder about Liberals.

Lastly, I wonder about idiots.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

It would, if you did each shoe in a different vat. Then a nice
leakage current could flow up one leg, and down the other as the
chemicals ate the skin from their feet.

That's better, but it still isn't as good I would like.

Paul K. Dickman

I prefer the Old British Spec:

"You shall be taken to a place of execution. You shall be hanged by the
neck. While you yet live, you shall be cut down. Your private parts
shall be cut off. Your entrails shall be drawn from your body and burned
in your sight. Once you have died, your body shall be cut into four
parts and distributed throughout the city. Your head shall be drenched
in hot tar and placed upon a spike on the wall at the gate of the city."

That should teach 'em.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Randy wrote:

A $300K house in a development with a HOA is only worth $3200.00 in
my opinion.

I would never, ever, buy a house with a HOA.

I beleive in PA they are limited to a lien, but I've heard other
horror stories. They tell you what color you may paint your house,
who you must hire to paint it, when you are allowed to have your car
out of the garage ( you must always park inside WITH the door closed)
and the list goes on.

Thank You,
Randy

I wonder how many libertarians are in homes with a HOA.

Then I wonder about conservatives.

Then I wonder about Liberals.

Lastly, I wonder about idiots.

Wes

But you repeat yourself.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:29:24 -0400, Wes
wrote the following:

Randy wrote:

A $300K house in a development with a HOA is only worth $3200.00 in
my opinion.

I would never, ever, buy a house with a HOA.

I beleive in PA they are limited to a lien, but I've heard other
horror stories. They tell you what color you may paint your house,
who you must hire to paint it, when you are allowed to have your car
out of the garage ( you must always park inside WITH the door closed)
and the list goes on.

Thank You,
Randy

I wonder how many libertarians are in homes with a HOA.

ZIP, I'll bet.

Then I wonder about conservatives.

Hmm...

Then I wonder about Liberals.

Lastly, I wonder about idiots.

The half-vast majority, I'm sure. But you repeat yourself, Wes.

--
Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.
-- Lin Yutang

Just Sold Jess Easley Home Ownership 0 September 6th 09 12:47 AM
Foreclosed Homes: A Local Blight Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 53 March 21st 08 02:26 PM
How I sold my House in a Week - Home selling tips Donatello Home Repair 0 March 15th 08 10:17 AM
may have sold our house (St. Joseph played a role) rosie readandpost Home Ownership 5 July 31st 03 07:50 PM