Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Soldier's house foreclosed, sold to Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in message

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

This story has a few holes in it.

First off I assume that the place had at least a first mortgage. Who pays
that off? Seems to me in the current times it is likely that the $300k
condo was probably in hock for something close to the mortgage amount.
Doesn't the lender at least get the opportunity to par the dues and preserve
their interest?

This seems to me to be screwy.

--
Roger Shoaf