Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24975 Ignoramus24975 is offline

Default Soldier's house foreclosed, sold to Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200

On 2010-06-17, Paul K. Dickman wrote:

"Ignoramus24975" wrote in message
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/artic...0910681&page=1

Pretty juicy story. Homeowners association foreclosed and sold a
soldier's house to an "investor" Jad Aboul-Jidin for $3,200.

The real culprit seems to be the soldier's wife, who was "depressed",
did not pay dues and was ignoring mail. Supposedly the HOA checked
with DoD and received a negative reply about his deployment
status. That is, if we believe their version fo events.

Somehow by sheer accident, the house worth $300k was sold
onlyt for $3,200.

There is another investor in the mix.
Somebody else bought it for $3,200 at foreclosure.
They sold it to Aboul-Jidin for $135,000

Oh, I did not realize.

It is Texas law that gives HOAs the power to foreclose for back
dues. I wonder what other states allow this? Around here, the worst
they can do is slap a lein on the property.

I stay away from HOAs as far as I can. So I do not know. It is illegal
to foreclose on a house owned by a person who is deployed, however the
HOA seems to have received a wrong answer fron DoD that denied that
this person was deployed. What a mess.