Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is awesome in German?

Tim Wescott wrote:

Just got a text from my kid "What is awesome in German?"

I've waited until you got proper answers but the first thing that popped into my head was
"Funkengrooven".

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:37:34 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Just got a text from my kid "What is awesome in German?"

I've waited until you got proper answers but the first thing that popped into my head was
"Funkengrooven".

Farfurgnookie, German for "gettin' some in a VW"?

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I saw that on a bumpersticker, on the back of a VW Jetta. In
old German type. I near to collapsed, laughing.

The one with the beer glass and stick figure "Farfrumpuking"

When my family was in German town, my sister had been
studying German in school. Mom asked her what a sign said
"Frozen Yoghurt". Sure enough, we all looked, and in English
but German type face, that's what it said.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message
news Tim Wescott wrote:

Just got a text from my kid "What is awesome in German?"

I've waited until you got proper answers but the first thing
that popped into my head was
"Funkengrooven".

Wes

OT -- German Smoke grenade Ignoramus14615 Metalworking 7 May 24th 08 09:48 PM
German hammer juggler [email protected] Woodworking 8 November 15th 07 05:14 AM
German Plumbing Manufacturer Steve B Home Repair 3 March 14th 07 08:31 PM
German camper electrics andyv UK diy 3 July 13th 06 09:51 AM
What is 'Pre-Wash' (etc.) in French and German? John Latter Home Ownership 2 January 25th 05 05:48 PM