Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

John Latter

Default What is 'Pre-Wash' (etc.) in French and German?

Er, I hope this question isn't considered off-topic for this newsgroup
but can anyone tell me what "Pre-wash", "Main Wash", and "Conditioner"
are in other European languages? (particularly French and German.

Thanks!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
foraloysius

Hello John,

In French:

Prewash: Pre-Lavage
Wash: Lavage
Conditioner: Assouplissant

In German:

Prewash: Vorwaschen
Wash: Waschen
Conditioner: Weichspülmittel

If you are using a European frontloader with a detergent drawer, the
compartment marked "I" is for the prewash, the compartment marked "II" is
for the main wash and the compartment with the flower is for the fabric
softener. Only a few of those washers have a compartment for bleach which
will be marked with a triangle with the letters "cl".

Hope this helps,

Louis

John Latter

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:48:06 +0100, "foraloysius"
wrote:

Hello John,

In French:

Prewash: Pre-Lavage
Wash: Lavage
Conditioner: Assouplissant

In German:

Prewash: Vorwaschen
Wash: Waschen
Conditioner: Weichspülmittel

If you are using a European frontloader with a detergent drawer, the
compartment marked "I" is for the prewash, the compartment marked "II" is
for the main wash and the compartment with the flower is for the fabric
softener. Only a few of those washers have a compartment for bleach which
will be marked with a triangle with the letters "cl".

Hope this helps,

Louis

That's brilliant Louis - thankyou very much indeed!

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if it is a 'standardized'
flower which appears on European frontloaders or does every
manifacturer pick their own?