Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- German Smoke grenade

From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german
smoke grenade. (bought at a gun show). This is modern manufacture, not
WWII, though even this is a guess.

My plan is to just use it to impress the neighborhood kids, but,
obviously, I do not want to get in trouble with police on this, so if
it will cover the whole neighborhood in smoke, that would be too much.

Anyway, my question is how much smoke do they make? It is
approximately 1.5" thick and maybe 8-10 inches long.

Maybe I should check with the fire department first.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm surprised the cops haven't knocked on your door yet.

Go to the Fire Dept and you will surely attract attention you never
imagined.

From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Ignoramus14615 wrote:
From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german
smoke grenade. (bought at a gun show). This is modern manufacture, not
WWII, though even this is a guess.

My plan is to just use it to impress the neighborhood kids, but,
obviously, I do not want to get in trouble with police on this, so if
it will cover the whole neighborhood in smoke, that would be too much.

Anyway, my question is how much smoke do they make? It is
approximately 1.5" thick and maybe 8-10 inches long.

Maybe I should check with the fire department first.

Nah, just set it in the front yard and pop the top.
Give us a heads-up and we'll keep an eye on CNN.
Be sure to wave.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Nah, just set it in the front yard and pop the top.
Give us a heads-up and we'll keep an eye on CNN.
Be sure to wave.

But first give us you location so we can watch it on Google Earth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus14615 wrote:
From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german
smoke grenade. (bought at a gun show). This is modern manufacture, not
WWII, though even this is a guess.

My plan is to just use it to impress the neighborhood kids, but,
obviously, I do not want to get in trouble with police on this, so if
it will cover the whole neighborhood in smoke, that would be too much.

Anyway, my question is how much smoke do they make? It is
approximately 1.5" thick and maybe 8-10 inches long.

Well, obviously, don't do it indoors! They really don't make
all that much smoke, but they will leave a brightly-colored,
dusty residue, and they also get REAL hot when burning.
Generally they smoke for at least 5 minutes.

Hmm, the 8-10" long is bigger than the ones I've played with,
which were US Army issue.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Iggy- Post a pic of it. I'll check it out. I also still need that photo for
your lock and keys I have here. I have cylinder types now too as Snap On
sent me spares on accident so the ones with the little wrench handle are
yours. I have them boxed up and awaiting the confirmation they are the same.

Rob
"Ignoramus14615" wrote in message
From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german
smoke grenade. (bought at a gun show). This is modern manufacture, not
WWII, though even this is a guess.

My plan is to just use it to impress the neighborhood kids, but,
obviously, I do not want to get in trouble with police on this, so if
it will cover the whole neighborhood in smoke, that would be too much.

Anyway, my question is how much smoke do they make? It is
approximately 1.5" thick and maybe 8-10 inches long.

Maybe I should check with the fire department first.
--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-24, Rob Fraser FraserRacing wrote:
Iggy- Post a pic of it. I'll check it out. I also still need that photo for
your lock and keys I have here. I have cylinder types now too as Snap On
sent me spares on accident so the ones with the little wrench handle are
yours. I have them boxed up and awaiting the confirmation they are the same.

Oh, yes Rob, I am so sorry, give me a sec.

Rob
From a very long time ago, I have something that I believe is a german