Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - guns at church - "open-carry service"

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"James Waldby" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:28:30 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"James Waldby" wrote in message
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

They probably want the guns to be handed around, so the ladies (and
uninitiated gents) can see what they're all about. Unloaded = more
safe for Show 'n Tell.

I'm hoping the fully loaded mags and revolver speedloaders are in the
gents' pockets, in case someone with a loaded weapon shows up to take
all the unloaded pieces.

--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:28:30 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"James Waldby" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Ha! Wouldn't that be a paradox? g

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all
mankind..."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

No, it wouldn't. After some of the recent incidents where some loser
shoots up a church service, it would just be good preparation.

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all
mankind..."

Have you never heard of a 'reprobate spirit'? Nowhere in the bible
does it say to not defend yourself, within reason.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

No, it wouldn't.

Yes, it would. Unless you're a member of the First Church of the Holy
Nutjobs and Discount House of Worship.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Whatever church you want to belong to is fine with me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Not that one, immatellau.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:21:44 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Pentacostal chuch AND guns !!!
Isnt that just a double dumb ****.

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:28:30 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"James Waldby" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:28:30 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"James Waldby" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

They probably want the guns to be handed around, so the ladies (and
uninitiated gents) can see what they're all about. Unloaded = more
safe for Show 'n Tell.

That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:21:44 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

[...]

Maybe they'll make it a tradition, too. The flesh of Christ, the
blood of Christ, and the blood of the Perp.

Kinda like war paint, wot?

--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
--Anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

You haven't noticed the several recent incidents of nut jobs showing
up shooting at churches? We had one here in the Milwaukee area a
coupla years ago.

OTOH, I've never seen the difference between the First Church of the
Holy Nutjobs and Discount House of Worship and the other faiths,
other than longevity.

If we wait long enough, Scientology could become respectable, it
happened to LDS.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all
mankind..."

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" is the way I heard it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praise_...the_Ammunition

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

The Mor(m)ons are still nutjobs . I grew up in Utahahaha , in that culture .
My family is still there ...
--
Snag
Supposedly one of my

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
[...]

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
(seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on each
other. It's a rowdy bunch.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:Kb6dnWr1s9gTO9rXnZ2dnUVZ_jti4p2d@bresnan. com...
[...]

Right. I can't wait for the Blessing of the Bullets. They do it when the
Catholics recognize Ash Wednesday. It gives a whole new meaning to
dumb-dumb.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all
mankind..."

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" is the way I heard it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praise_...the_Ammunition

Wes

They were shooting Shinto heathen. That's like Muslims shooting Christians.
It's theologically OK.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Yes, it would. Unless you're a member of the First Church of the Holy
Nutjobs and Discount House of Worship.

The Church of Saint John Moses Browning of the Holy 1911 is always
looking for members.

Services Sundays and Wednesday nights at Jesus, Maria & Jose's Discount
Worship Center, Reloading Supply Shop and Shooting Range.

Shooter's Bible Study every Tuesday evening with Col. Cooper.

Note: The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is not one of our holy relics.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Maybe they'll make it a tradition, too. The flesh of Christ, the
blood of Christ, and the blood of the Perp.

No repeat offenders, though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

How do you load a snake?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 28, 12:28*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message

. ..

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Consider the mental state of those who attend the service.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 28, 12:28*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message

. ..

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".

"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.

--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

LOL..pretty funny Ed.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:19:44 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

I LIKE IT!!!

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 28, 12:28 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message

. ..

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".
"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.
--
jiw

Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about
the stained glass windows? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

LOL..pretty funny Ed.

TMT

Guns and religion,
we live a long way from anywhere, just the way we like it,
Many yrs ago Jehovas whitnesses called to convert us.
We asked them politely to go on their way.
They came again on a sunday at midday just as we were sitting down to
a meal.
we said in no uncertain terms NOT to come again, if they did they
would regret it.
Yes, they came once more a month or so later.
I called my wife in a very loud voice to get the 12 bore off the
mantlepiece. I then gave them 20 secs to get up our private road, some
200yds long , before I blew their ffing heads off.
They didnt hang about.

A couple of months ago 2 elderly ladies called where I was working, and
asked where the home owner was.
i said out working.
Can i pass a message? I said?
no they said they would call again.
I said are you JW'S yes they said, .
I replied that they better not come there again as this person is a
difficult soul and they would regret it.
They then replied that they were threatened with a gun out this way
many yrs ago. .
I replied
That was me!!.
They're devils for punishment.
Ted
Dorset
UK.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 29, 1:32*am, Ted Frater wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

Using that logic, I would assume that you then approve if JW would
choose to use guns to persuade nonbelievers to convert?

In my experience, showing respect for anyone's religious beliefs
brings desired results.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Praise the Lord, we killed him. Now let us bask in Jesus's love for all
mankind..."

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" is the way I heard it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praise_...the_Ammunition

Wes

They were shooting Shinto heathen. That's like Muslims shooting Christians.
It's theologically OK.

Well God was on our side.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

The first time they called I was polite to them
The second time they called I warned them if they came again it would be
at their own risk.
The third time they called despite the 2 previous warnings the reaped
the results of their actions.
If the JW's had shown respect for my beliefs and not called again when i
asked them not to, then i wouldnt have had to get threatening to get my
point of view across.
They brought it upon them selves.
How often would you have put up with their calls? , indefinately?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

How do you load a snake?

More to the point, if the snake is venomous, how do you unload it?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If we wait long enough, Scientology could become respectable, it happened
to LDS.

David

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
(seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on each
other. It's a rowdy bunch.

--
Ed Huntress

So am I, we believe in what is right! After my ordination by Kirby
Hensley in 1969, I started the First Aquafraternal Church of Universal
Life.

Share water! May you never thirst!

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ted Frater wrote:

The first time they called I was polite to them
The second time they called I warned them if they came again it would be
at their own risk.
The third time they called despite the 2 previous warnings the reaped
the results of their actions.
If the JW's had shown respect for my beliefs and not called again when i
asked them not to, then i wouldnt have had to get threatening to get my
point of view across.
They brought it upon them selves.
How often would you have put up with their calls? , indefinately?

The first time they called, I stood on my porch and asked to examine
their bible. The title page listed a committee that had been
responsible for the translation. I asked them which of the several
hundred different Greek versions they had used. I asked them why, if
their god had guided the translation to maintain the Truth, a
committee was necessary. I explained that I am an agnostic pantheist,
except on Leap Day, when I am a pantheistic agnostic.

Been a while since they've been back...

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

If we wait long enough, Scientology could become respectable, it
happened to LDS.

David

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
(seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on
each other. It's a rowdy bunch.

--
Ed Huntress

So am I, we believe in what is right! After my ordination by Kirby Hensley
in 1969, I started the First Aquafraternal Church of Universal Life.

Share water! May you never thirst!

David

Amen, brother. I was ordained the same year, by a guy who eventually became
an AP reporter.

I performed one wedding ceremony. How about you?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:39:29 -0500, the infamous "David R.Birch"
scrawled the following:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

How do you load a snake?

More to the point, if the snake is venomous, how do you unload it?

Point the sharp end at a non-friend.

--
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass;
it's about learning how to dance in the rain.
--Anon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
That kinda reminds me of snake handling, though.

How do you load a snake?

More to the point, if the snake is venomous, how do you unload it?

Me? Its YOUR snake, so you milk it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:42:48 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

Ed Huntress wrote:

If we wait long enough, Scientology could become respectable, it
happened to LDS.

David

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
(seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on
each other. It's a rowdy bunch.

--
Ed Huntress

So am I, we believe in what is right! After my ordination by Kirby Hensley
in 1969, I started the First Aquafraternal Church of Universal Life.

Share water! May you never thirst!

David

Amen, brother. I was ordained the same year, by a guy who eventually became
an AP reporter.

I performed one wedding ceremony. How about you?

I don't recall what year my sister was ordained in the ULC, but she
continues to do weddings. She went on to become a doctor of
Naturopathy.

The year I was a minister in the Church of Divine Man, I had some
cards made up which stated that I did marrials and burials. Ain't life
fun? (I did neither that year.)

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Yeah, that was particularly fun. My vestment for the wedding was a sports
jacket my roommate had bought at a second-hand store in the East Village.
Looking at it from the front, the left side was a blown-up page from the New
York Times, and the right side was just solid yellow.

It looked good after a few hits of the herbal sacrament.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

As I said before...using your logic it would be appropriate for the
JWs to use a gun on you when you continued to refuse their offer to
convert....were they also not polite?

There are methods to handle an over insistent nonviolent visitor
without pulling a gun....like having them wait for you while you call
the authorities so they can explain to the JWs that you REALLY are not
interested in their repeated kind offers to save you from Hell.

Using your logic, I should be pulling my guns on the Girl Scouts that
visit.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

And Ted...I am not trying to give you a hard time...I understand the
frustration when someone doesn't understand the meaning of "NO THANKS".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I happen to be an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church
(seriously). We're pacifists, and we use pepper spray -- sometimes, on each
other. It's a rowdy bunch.

I'm an ordained reverend in the Church of John Moses Browning, we also are pacifists, but
we haven't mastered turning the other cheek yet.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

The first time they called, I stood on my porch and asked to examine
their bible. The title page listed a committee that had been
responsible for the translation. I asked them which of the several
hundred different Greek versions they had used. I asked them why, if
their god had guided the translation to maintain the Truth, a
committee was necessary. I explained that I am an agnostic pantheist,
except on Leap Day, when I am a pantheistic agnostic.

I was over at uncles once when they showed up on the step, my uncle, a deacon in his
church, invited them in to meet his pastor that was visiting. For some reason, they
didn't stay long. I don't understand it, it was 2v2 so it was a fair religious fight.

I left, I knew how this one was going to end.

Wes