Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - guns at church - "open-carry service"

On Jun 29, 1:32*am, Ted Frater wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 28, 12:28 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message

m...

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1907588,00.html
is an article about "show of support for the Second Amendment
and First Amendment" via an "open-carry service".
"New Bethel [...] church in Louisville, Kentucky [...] invited
people to bring their unloaded guns to this first-ever event"
yesterday.
--
jiw
Why unloaded? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea? Or are they worried about

--
Ed Huntress

LOL..pretty funny Ed.

TMT

Guns and religion,
we live a long way from anywhere, just the way we like it,
* Many yrs ago Jehovas whitnesses called to convert us.
* We asked them politely to go on their way.
* They came again on a sunday at midday just as we were sitting down to
a meal.
* we said in no uncertain terms NOT to come again, if they did they
would regret it.
* Yes, they came once more a month or so later.
* I called my wife in a very loud voice to get the 12 bore off the
mantlepiece. I then gave them 20 secs to get up our private road, some
200yds long , before I blew their ffing heads off.
They didnt hang about.

A couple of months ago *2 elderly ladies called where I was working, and
asked where the home owner was.
* i said out working.
* Can i pass a message? I said?
* no they said they would call again.
* I said are you JW'S yes they said, .
* I replied that they better not come there again as this person is a
difficult soul and they would regret it.
* They then replied that they were threatened with a gun out this way
many yrs ago. .
I replied
* That was me!!.
They're devils for punishment.
Ted
* Dorset
UK.

Using that logic, I would assume that you then approve if JW would
choose to use guns to persuade nonbelievers to convert?

In my experience, showing respect for anyone's religious beliefs
brings desired results.

TMT