Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default McCain Stands By Nutty Pastor Who Calls Catholic Church "The Great Whore"...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...r_n_89189.html

February 29, 2008

John Hagee's McCain Endorsement Sparks Uproar

ABC reports:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...endorseme.html

Calling Pastor John Hagee a "bigot," the conservative Catholic League
is calling for Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., to denounce/renounce/reject
his endorsement Wednesday.

With a Youtube link to prove his point, Catholic League president Bill
Donohue said Hagee "has waged an unrelenting war against the Catholic
Church.

For example, he likes calling it 'The Great Whore,' an 'apostate
church,' the 'anti-Christ,' and a 'false cult system.' ..."Senator
Obama has repudiated the endorsement of Louis Farrakhan, another
bigot.

McCain should follow suit and retract his embrace of Hagee." ...

McCain spox Jill Hazelbaker says, "Hagee endorsed John McCain. While
we welcome his support, it shouldn't be seen as a wholesale
endorsement of all of Mr. Hagee's views."

Donohue's full statement is here,
http://www.catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1394 and Salon.com's
Glenn Greenwald has a fascinating interview with him here.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwa...hue/index.html

The progressive group Catholics United has also written a letter to
McCain asking him to "publicly distance himself" from Hagee's views.
http://www.catholics-united.org/?q=node/136

TPM's Greg Sargent notes the lack of mainstream media coverage of
Hagee compared to Farrakhan (whose support Obama has rejected):
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi...hagee_post.php

Very much like Farrakhan, Hagee has regularly made remarks about
current events and other religions that many would find alarming.

But unlike Farrakhan, he has never truly faced the scrutiny of the
mainstream press, and major politicians like Joe Lieberman and John
McCain have freely associated with him.

In 2006, Hagee laid out his views on eschatology in a book called
Jerusalem Countdown, in which he claimed that sources had told him a
year earlier about world events to come -- and amazingly enough, all
those predictions had come true over the past year.

Next on the agenda, according to his March 2006 interview in Human
Events: Israel would go to war with Iran before May 2006.

And from there, Hagee eagerly anticipated an all-out world war against
Iran and Russia, followed by the Second Coming.

Watch McCain explain how proud he is of Hagee's endorsement:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...r_n_89189.html

UPDATE: McCain refused to reject Hagee's support during a press
availability today

I'd call it a double standard, wouldn't you Jim Crook and MikHell
Terribly-Ill?

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 29, 9:41 pm, A faked "MooseFET" wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...cain-endor_n_8...

Although I did not post this, I think it really is worthy of a reply.

[... much anti McCain stuff deleted ...]

This is obviously like the robot phone calls that pretend to be in
support of a person and are made in the middle of the night to get
supporters angery at that person. In this case, we have the reverse.
Someone acts like the lowest form of worm and then says bad things
about a candidate just to try to get people to support him.

It is a new and very clever trick from the republican party but
luckily we can all see through it. Your trick won't work McCain is
still toast.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"MooseFET" wrote in message
On Feb 29, 9:41 pm, A faked "MooseFET" wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...cain-endor_n_8...

Although I did not post this, I think it really is worthy of a reply.

[... much anti McCain stuff deleted ...]

This is obviously like the robot phone calls that pretend to be in
support of a person and are made in the middle of the night to get
supporters angery at that person. In this case, we have the reverse.
Someone acts like the lowest form of worm and then says bad things
about a candidate just to try to get people to support him.

It is a new and very clever trick from the republican party but
luckily we can all see through it. Your trick won't work McCain is
still toast.

Both of you MooFET's are wacky, so don't even pretend to be an innocent
idiot.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

MooseFET wrote:
[...]

Hey, crap posting impostor, you are getting boringly obvious.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 1, 2:09 pm, "JakTheHammer" wrote:
"MooseFET" wrote in message

On Feb 29, 9:41 pm, A faked "MooseFET" wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...cain-endor_n_8...

Although I did not post this, I think it really is worthy of a reply.

[... much anti McCain stuff deleted ...]

This is obviously like the robot phone calls that pretend to be in
support of a person and are made in the middle of the night to get
supporters angery at that person. In this case, we have the reverse.
Someone acts like the lowest form of worm and then says bad things
about a candidate just to try to get people to support him.

It is a new and very clever trick from the republican party but
luckily we can all see through it. Your trick won't work McCain is
still toast.

Both of you MooFET's are wacky, so don't even pretend to be an innocent
idiot.

I never claim to be innocent. I just protest that I am not guilty.