Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Grizzly Tools

Who could say no to Grizzly Tools? It is quickly making a name for
itself by being the America’s favorite and one of the largest
machinery companies in the US. These tools have been approved by
thousands of people and can be found in a wide variety of shops, from
those of hobbyists all the way to large industrial producers.

With Grizzly Tools, there is no middleman or distributor. Selling
their own product, instead of someone else’s, drastically reduced the
average price of their items. Nobody beats its high quality,
durability and low cost.

You can either purchase Grizzly Tools at their showroom/outlet stores,
from their free mail order catalog or from their comprehensive online
store. Their showroom/outlet stores are usually hundreds of thousands
of square feet filled with practically all of their products and you
can find them in Pennsylvania, Washington and Missouri.

They offer you and extensive variety of tools including bandsaws
(metal and wood), drill presses, sanders, planers, grinders, milling
machines and much, much more. Ordering Grizzly Tools is quick and easy
due to the fact that 99% of their items ship the same day.

Why settle for other tools when you can have high quality tools at a
very reasonable price? Definitely look into Grizzly Tools! I
personally guarantee it.

Source: http://grizzlytools.zoxic.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 8, 9:51*pm, Rob wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

Source:http://grizzlytools.zoxic.com

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Jim_McDowell
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 9, 6:26*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 8, 9:51*pm, Rob wrote:

Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

Source:http://grizzlytools.zoxic.com

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Jim_McDowell

LOL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 9, 2:51*am, Rob wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

I have some friends that have a Grizzley Drill Press. The motor make
a lot of noise. I mean a lot. They took it back to Grizzly and
Grizzly said that that was normal. I would have returned the drill
press and if they all were that noisy, I would look elsewhere.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 9 May 2009 08:36:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 9, 2:51*am, Rob wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

I have some friends that have a Grizzley Drill Press. The motor make
a lot of noise. I mean a lot. They took it back to Grizzly and
Grizzly said that that was normal. I would have returned the drill
press and if they all were that noisy, I would look elsewhere.

Dan

Is it a variable speed? If so...they can indeed be noisy from the git
go.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 9, 11:17*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Is it a variable speed? If so...they can indeed be noisy from the git
go.

Gunner

No. It is an ordinary single phase motor with very noisy bearings.
It makes a lot of noise when there is no belt connected to the motor.
A supplier like MSC would have replaced the motor or replaced the
whole drill press.
They made a mistake in asking Grizzly if the noise was normal. They
should have told Grizzly they wanted to exchange the drill press
because the bearings were bad.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-05-09, wrote:
On May 9, 2:51*am, Rob wrote:
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools?

I have some friends that have a Grizzley Drill Press. The motor make
a lot of noise. I mean a lot. They took it back to Grizzly and
Grizzly said that that was normal. I would have returned the drill
press and if they all were that noisy, I would look elsewhere.

Is it a 16-speed one (the one with the idler step pulley in the
middle on a swing arm?) If so, is it similarly noisy when the belt
cover is opened?

I've got a Taiwanese drill press of the sort (from around 1978
or so) which was fine until I had to put new belts on it, and the actual
belt length was a little different (US made belts, instead of import
ones) causing the swing arm to bring the pulley into contact with the
side of the belt guard.

I removed the guard and its bottom pan, punched a new hole in
the bottom pan to allow the pivot rod for the swing arm to reside in a
new location, and punched new holes for the screws which secured it.
This let the guard move to the side a bit so it cleared the idler pulley
at all belt settings.

Of course -- it *could* really be the motor. Take the belt off
the motor and just let it run with no belt and see what it sounds like.
If it is silent then, start adding belts and see when the noise returns.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 9 May 2009 20:58:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 9, 11:17*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Is it a variable speed? If so...they can indeed be noisy from the git
go.

Gunner

No. It is an ordinary single phase motor with very noisy bearings.
It makes a lot of noise when there is no belt connected to the motor.
A supplier like MSC would have replaced the motor or replaced the
whole drill press.
They made a mistake in asking Grizzly if the noise was normal. They
should have told Grizzly they wanted to exchange the drill press
because the bearings were bad.

Dan

True indeed.

Or they can simply bite the bullet and spend the $15 for new bearings of
good quality.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 10, 3:17*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

Or they can simply bite the bullet and spend the $15 for new bearings of
good quality.
Gunner

If they are shielded instead of sealed you might be able to squirt a
little oil or non-foaming chain lube in.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 10, 5:41*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

* * * * Of course -- it *could* really be the motor. *Take the belt off
the motor and just let it run with no belt and see what it sounds like.
If it is silent then, start adding belts and see when the noise returns.

* * * * Enjoy,
* * * * * * * * DoN.

Not my drill press. It is noisy with no belt connected to the motor.
And not a little noisy. If it were my drill press I would be
pressing Grizzly to do something. And if they would not do anything,
I would replace the bearings. Not that it will not drill holes, but I
do not want to wear ear muffs every time I use a drill press.

I think Grizzly imports tools and sells them without ever inspecting
them. And depends on the customer to find out any problems. Okay if
you are close to Grizzly, but not so good if you have to pay shipping
to return a defective part and have to wait for a replacement. And
not so good if Grizzly says everything is good when it is not.

On the other hand, they do sell tools cheaper than companies that
check tools before they sell them.
Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 04:49:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

My Grizzly story: I ordered a 50 ton press after reviewing the online
photo and confirming the details from the downloadable user manual,
which showed and described a two-stage pump. But the press arrived
with a single-stage pump, which is real pain sometimes. I complained
and they told me I could return it at my own expense. sigh 750 lb
IIRC, and the crate wasn't up for a return trip. They claimed that
two-stage pumps were no longer available, but that was nonsense
because the HF versions had that plus air. So they were BSing and I
vowed to never deal with them again. But then out of the blue a day or
so later they called and offered $100 credit. I still wish I could
have undone the deal practically and purchased what I intended. But at
least they offered a fair compromise, so I've continued using them.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:17:28 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On May 9, 11:17*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Is it a variable speed? If so...they can indeed be noisy from the git
go.

Gunner

No. It is an ordinary single phase motor with very noisy bearings.
It makes a lot of noise when there is no belt connected to the motor.
A supplier like MSC would have replaced the motor or replaced the
whole drill press.
They made a mistake in asking Grizzly if the noise was normal. They
should have told Grizzly they wanted to exchange the drill press
because the bearings were bad.

Dan

True indeed.

Or they can simply bite the bullet and spend the $15 for new bearings of
good quality.

I got the Chinese one for $7.50. They wanted $27 for the SKF bearing
and I wasn't interested. This for the idler on the DP I got from you
two years ago. I should probably install that sometime, huh? sigh

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

With Grizzly Tools, there is no middleman or distributor. Selling
their own product, instead of someone else’s, drastically reduced the
average price of their items. Nobody beats its high quality,
durability and low cost.

Their own product? LOL... You mean their own rebranded product.

Can't argue with much else. the G0521 drill press, except for difficult
speed changes, is the best low cost drill press we've ever used.
Self-reversing for rigid and multi-spindle tap processes and all.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Opinions on Grizzly Tools Mike Pio Woodworking 12 August 23rd 05 01:11 PM
Grizzly Tools Rich Woodworking 16 January 23rd 05 12:43 AM
Opinion on Grizzly tools Francis R. Vesey Woodturning 4 November 17th 04 04:15 PM
Grizzly Tools Paul Loseby Woodturning 0 November 16th 04 04:46 PM
Grizzly Tools Review Bob Woodworking 7 April 12th 04 09:39 PM