Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Grizzly Tools

On May 10, 5:41*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

* * * * Of course -- it *could* really be the motor. *Take the belt off
the motor and just let it run with no belt and see what it sounds like.
If it is silent then, start adding belts and see when the noise returns.

* * * * Enjoy,
* * * * * * * * DoN.

Not my drill press. It is noisy with no belt connected to the motor.
And not a little noisy. If it were my drill press I would be
pressing Grizzly to do something. And if they would not do anything,
I would replace the bearings. Not that it will not drill holes, but I
do not want to wear ear muffs every time I use a drill press.

I think Grizzly imports tools and sells them without ever inspecting
them. And depends on the customer to find out any problems. Okay if
you are close to Grizzly, but not so good if you have to pay shipping
to return a defective part and have to wait for a replacement. And
not so good if Grizzly says everything is good when it is not.

On the other hand, they do sell tools cheaper than companies that
check tools before they sell them.
Dan