Francis R. Vesey

Default Opinion on Grizzly tools

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with Grizzly tools. I am mostly interested
in their G1036 Slow Speed Grinder (which looks alot like Delta's) and their
G8027 1 H.P. Dust Collector. I would be interested in any comments you might
have.

TIA

RonB

Can't speak to the tools you mentioned but I think Griz is like any other
tool company. Some very good tools and some dogs. Some of their equipment
gets a lot of industrial use. You need to research each tool purchase with
regard to function, utility in your shop, quality and price.

I personally own a Griz 1023s Cabinet saw, one of their random orbit sanders
and some miscellenous measuring tools and shop accessories. I think the
1023s is one of the best table saw values available. The other items are
good to ok.

From my experience and that of others I believe their support is excellent.
I placed an internet order for my saw at about 11:00pm one evening and 36
hours later the local trucking firm called for drop-off instructions. This
is pretty common with their customer and product support.

Earl

A friend of mine has the 2 hp dust collector and has been very happy with
it. I may be wrong but I swear almost all of the dust collectors (except
ones like Onieda) are the same and built in the same taiwan factory. He also
has the large bandsaw and he re-saws all day long and it does a great job. I
had the large Grizzly lathe and it was a piece of junk. So choose carefully.
Earl

"Francis R. Vesey" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with Grizzly tools. I am mostly interested
in their G1036 Slow Speed Grinder (which looks alot like Delta's) and
their G8027 1 H.P. Dust Collector. I would be interested in any comments
you might have.

TIA

Earl

A friend of mine has the 2 hp dust collector and loves it. I think all
the Taiwan dust collectors are the same! At least they sure look like
it. I had the large wood lathe and it was a piece of junk. So just
pick and choose and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Earl
Ace

I am just getting into turning and I have the Grizzly Model G5979 lathe. I
like it very much and it only cost me $275 ($295 regular price) at the
Grizzly store on a one week sale. A comparable Delta model costs over $200
more.