Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Limbaugh tells NYC to Drop Dead G

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

The new plan, which is expected to be voted on Tuesday, would raise
about $4 billion a year, said Dan Weiller, spokesman for New York
State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver. Lawmakers are calling it a
temporary tax increase but Rush was having none of that.

“When I am there working I pay whatever, you know, my rate is based on
income for that day in New York,” Limbaugh said. “And I try to go as
little as possible. If it weren't for hurricanes down here (his
regular studio in Florida), I would never go up there.

“So I'll tell you what I'm going to do,” Limbaugh continued. “I'm
going to look for an alternative studio somewhere outside New York,
perhaps Texas -- another no-income-tax state -- and I'm going to get
the hell over there, when a hurricane starts coming our way, 'cause I
told Mayor Bloomberg: I'll be the first to lead the way. “

He plans to sell all of his property in New York City, he told
listeners.

“I'll sell my apartment. I'll sell my condominium. I'm going to get
out of there totally, 'cause this is just absurd, and it's ridiculous
-- and it isn't going to work,” Limbaugh said. “It's punishing the
achievers for the mistakes and the lack of discipline on the part of a
bunch of corrupt politicians that have run that city and state into
the ground for I don't know how many years -- and I, for one, am not
going to take the blame for it. “

Limbaugh, who usually broadcasts from his home in Florida, another
state with no income tax, said the new tax is likely not only to drive
other high earners like himself from New York, but prompt those
remaining to work less. Pointing out that the state already collects
taxes on cigarettes and liquor, in addition to billions in lottery
proceeds – oh, and don’t forget billions more in federal stimulus
dollars – Limbaugh asked Gov. David Paterson when would it ever be
enough.

He even suggested a new state slogan: “New York: It’s Never Enough.”

“When you raise taxes on an activity, you reduce that activity,”
Limbaugh explained to his listeners. “People start doing that activity
less. In this case: working. When you reduce taxes on an activity,
then that activity increases. When you reduce taxes on income, people
start working harder to earn more. Governor Paterson needs to cut
taxes on people. He needs to spur investment. He needs to get people
going and working. It's just the exact opposite. Governor Paterson is
like most other liberal Democrats: zero-sum game. The economy is a
pie. It never grows. Somebody gets their slice; somebody gets their
slice.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

I never "scored Oxy" and I'm seriously considering moving myself and all the
jobs I provide to a no-tax and right-to-work state. I imagine most job
providers think the same way. Who's going to provide your monthly
cheese-check? Still have something smart to say? Can you even see the end
of your nose?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:28:05 -0400, "ATP*"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

Given that he has to be tested regularly..it would appear that your
lust for catching Limbaugh dirty are simply going to have to go
unabated.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Buerste" wrote in message

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll
be closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan
to work.

I never "scored Oxy" and I'm seriously considering moving myself and all
the jobs I provide to a no-tax and right-to-work state. I imagine most
job providers think the same way. Who's going to provide your monthly
cheese-check? Still have something smart to say? Can you even see the
end of your nose?

Sorry I insulted your hero, dittohead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

Given that he has to be tested regularly..it would appear that your
lust for catching Limbaugh dirty are simply going to have to go
unabated.

Gunner

Is English your first language?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

Given that he has to be tested regularly..it would appear that your
lust for catching Limbaugh dirty are simply going to have to go
unabated.

Gunner

Is English your first language?

Another idiot for the bit bucket. Plink.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

I think it's a lot easier to score Oxy in Texas and Florida, plus he'll be
closer to the Dominican Republic where he can put his "stimulus" plan to
work.

Given that he has to be tested regularly..it would appear that your
lust for catching Limbaugh dirty are simply going to have to go
unabated.

Gunner

Is English your first language?

Yes. Is English yours?

What am I missing? I am recovering from a stroke. So ...?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:36:05 -0400, "ATP*"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message
.. .

"ATP*" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry we outed you for a Leftwinger. And I actually liked you.

Pity eh?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:18:55 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

Mark Rand
RTFM

You are posting from South Africa...right?

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:36:05 -0400, "ATP*"
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote in message
. ..

"ATP*" wrote in message

[...]

I like you when you're not jumping to conclusions or insulting someone
because you think they disagree with you. I'm not a big fan of unions or
high taxes. I just don't find Limbaugh's rant credible.Mayor Bloomberg is a
Republican, he is liberal on social issues but hardly a leftwinger or
anti-business. Before Spitzer (Client 9) and Paterson, our supposedly
conservative Governor Pataki passed up opportunities to pare the state
budget and get NY on the right track.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

wrote:

[...]

Another whiny bitch who has to announce he's killfiling someone.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ATP* wrote:

Sorry we outed you for a Leftwinger. And I actually liked you.

Pity eh?

Gunner

I like you when you're not jumping to conclusions or insulting someone
because you think they disagree with you. I'm not a big fan of unions or
high taxes. I just don't find Limbaugh's rant credible.Mayor Bloomberg is a
Republican, he is liberal on social issues but hardly a leftwinger or
anti-business. Before Spitzer (Client 9) and Paterson, our supposedly
conservative Governor Pataki passed up opportunities to pare the state
budget and get NY on the right track.

NY has NEVER had a real conservative in office.

Plus with the fact that Silver, Smith and Paterson are tax and spenders
who have never met a tax they didn't like, NY is heading down the slope
faster than ever. What this state really needs is term limits for ALL
offices as well as MAJOR election law reform. Never going to happen
though since the Albany/NYC crowd will never allow it.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

Mark Rand
RTFM

You are posting from South Africa...right?

Nah, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Look up the dictionary definition of "selfish", it fits the behaviour
described in your quoted article.

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
ATP* wrote:

[...]

New York is two states without a border. Term limits and election law reform
won't change the fact that a majority of the state's people live in one
metropolitan area; nearly half of the population lives in one city. They're
packed together and, like people living in the largest cities everywhere,
they're both accustomed to and dependent upon a strong "commons" philosophy
and a wide array of government services.

As long as it's one state, upstaters will always have to accommodate a
completely alien society and culture that constitutes half of its
population -- and vice versa.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

New York is two states without a border. Term limits and election law reform
won't change the fact that a majority of the state's people live in one
metropolitan area; nearly half of the population lives in one city. They're
packed together and, like people living in the largest cities everywhere,
they're both accustomed to and dependent upon a strong "commons" philosophy
and a wide array of government services.

As long as it's one state, upstaters will always have to accommodate a
completely alien society and culture that constitutes half of its
population -- and vice versa.

Gee, sounds like Michigan. Thankfully many down staters have moved away due to no jobs.

Wes
--

It is 100 times safer for your child to visit a home with a
gun in it than a swimming pool. Something to think about.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:

America, land of the selfish...

Count our dead on various foreign battlefields. Selfish would be that we pull out of NATO
and let Europe protect themselves. They are ****ing and moaning about supporting the good
war in Afghanistan.

I'm tempering my comment with the recognition that when we spend our valuable assets, the
members of our military, the UK is there with us.

I'm of a mind to bring all our servicemen home and let the world police itself on their
own dime, not mine. There is a certain type of people that leach off of anothers and then
increase their demands like it is some sort of right of birth. I'm describing the EU.

Regards,

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

New York is two states without a border. Term limits and election law
reform
won't change the fact that a majority of the state's people live in one
metropolitan area; nearly half of the population lives in one city.
They're
packed together and, like people living in the largest cities everywhere,
they're both accustomed to and dependent upon a strong "commons"
philosophy
and a wide array of government services.

As long as it's one state, upstaters will always have to accommodate a
completely alien society and culture that constitutes half of its
population -- and vice versa.

Gee, sounds like Michigan. Thankfully many down staters have moved away
due to no jobs.

Wes

It's more like Illinois.

--

It is 100 times safer for your child to visit a home with a
gun in it than a swimming pool. Something to think about.

I don't think that's quite what Levitt's research said. IIRC, the conclusion
is that if you have at your home a gun, a swimming pool, and a kid, your kid
is 100 times more likely to die in the swimming pool than to get shot with
the gun -- or guns.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
om...

[...]

****

**** (silent plonk)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP*" wrote

Another whiny bitch who has to announce he's killfiling someone.

You're the whiny bitch, bitch. I bet you don't even have any metalworking
tools.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
ATP* wrote:

[...]

As I said, supposedly conservative. The state legislature is beholden to
special interest public unions.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pmv pmv is offline

On Apr 1, 5:14*pm, Wes wrote:
[...]
*There is a certain type of people that leach off of anothers and then
increase their demands like it is some sort of right of birth. *I'm describing the EU.

Gee, it sounded like you were describing Gunner
..
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" whined in message

"ATP*" wrote

Another whiny bitch who has to announce he's killfiling someone.

You're the whiny bitch, bitch. I bet you don't even have any metalworking
tools.

Actually, I have quite a few, which I don't get to use as much as I'd like
to, but when I get a chance to do a project with my son it's worth having
them. He had an assignment in class to make a hatchet. We weren't allowed to
make it out of metal, so we used some oak for the head and machined it on
the Bridgeport. His classmates made their replicas out of cardboard.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP*" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"ATP*" wrote in message

[...]

I don't listen to Rush, colonhead. But, I defend his right to say and move
where he pleases with my last breath.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
ATP* wrote:

[...]

Term limits would help some. At least it would rotate the crooks so they
don't get quite so entrenched.
Election law reform would definitely help. The current system forces
many people out because of the way they have the laws written to favor
the incumbent people/parties.

I always thought that the movie "Escape From New York" sounded like a
VERY Good idea. Just add in ALL the city, not just the island.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 31, 8:18*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Hmm...isn't this one of those dreaded OFF TOPIC postings?

Strange how those who condemn off topic postings aren't complaining
about this one? ;)

Rush...the hero for losers.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 1, 2:36*am, "ATP*" wrote:
"Buerste" wrote in message

"ATP*" wrote in message

[...]

Gunner fantasizes that he gets to hold the pee cup while Rush tries to
hit it.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 17:33:33 +0100, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

See the wiki on our Boston Tea Party, sir. We're not happy with bogus
taxes.

Great Britain, land of the unarmed, overtaxed, bland-dieted sheeple.

--
You can't do anything about the length of your life,
but you _can_ do something about its width and depth.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

See the wiki on our Boston Tea Party, sir. We're not happy with bogus
taxes.

The Boston Tea Party was a response to a tax CUT dunce.

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Buerste wrote:

I don't listen to Rush, colonhead. But, I defend his right to say and move
where he pleases with my last breath.

As long as its not next door. Those police raids next door can get a
guy shoot in his sleep, in his own house.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

Mark Rand
RTFM

You are posting from South Africa...right?

Nah, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Look up the dictionary definition of "selfish", it fits the behaviour
described in your quoted article.

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM

Odd...does it remind you of the recent turnout in London?
http://212.58.226.17:8080/1/hi/uk/544517.stm

etc etc

Or is that simply considered "sporting?"

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:24:06 -0700 (PDT), pmv
wrote:

On Apr 1, 5:14*pm, Wes wrote:
[...]
*There is a certain type of people that leach off of anothers and then
increase their demands like it is some sort of right of birth. *I'm describing the EU.

Gee, it sounded like you were describing Gunner
.

Of course..and the Blue States.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

America, land of the selfish...

Mark Rand
RTFM

You are posting from South Africa...right?

Nah, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Look up the dictionary definition of "selfish", it fits the behaviour
described in your quoted article.

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM

Odd...does it remind you of the recent turnout in London?
http://212.58.226.17:8080/1/hi/uk/544517.stm

etc etc

Or is that simply considered "sporting?"

Gunner

Not the protests. Folks protesting about the behavior of the "masters of the
universe" that helped to create the current worldwide financial crisis is
understandable, even the fact that those protests are likely to get quite
heated.

The specific case of the Royal Bank of Scotland that was mentioned in your Fox
link is a result of the CEO of the bank being given a $1M/year pension for the
rest of his life at the age of 50 plus a $3.75M lump sum after just ten years
of service, which culminated in the bank posting losses of $36B last year.

Now that fits the definition of selfish perfectly...

regards
Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:20:06 +0100, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

The specific case of the Royal Bank of Scotland that was mentioned in your Fox
link is a result of the CEO of the bank being given a $1M/year pension for the
rest of his life at the age of 50 plus a $3.75M lump sum after just ten years
of service, which culminated in the bank posting losses of $36B last year.

Now that fits the definition of selfish perfectly...

That's not selfish, Mark. That's negligently lavish and foolhardy.