Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Limbaugh tells NYC to Drop Dead G

On Mar 31, 8:18*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
Rush Limbaugh to NY: Drop Dead

Monday, March 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Angered by a New York state plan to tax residents earning over
$500,000 per year, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh vowed Monday
to sell all of his property and shut down his operations there and
move them to Texas, a state with no income tax.

The new plan, which is expected to be voted on Tuesday, would raise
about $4 billion a year, said Dan Weiller, spokesman for New York
State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver. Lawmakers are calling it a
temporary tax increase but Rush was having none of that.

“When I am there working I pay whatever, you know, my rate is based on
income for that day in New York,” Limbaugh said. “And I try to go as
little as possible. If it weren't for hurricanes down here (his
regular studio in Florida), I would never go up there.

“So I'll tell you what I'm going to do,” Limbaugh continued. “I'm
going to look for an alternative studio somewhere outside New York,
perhaps Texas -- another no-income-tax state -- and I'm going to get
the hell over there, when a hurricane starts coming our way, 'cause I
told Mayor Bloomberg: I'll be the first to lead the way. “

He plans to sell all of his property in New York City, he told
listeners.

“I'll sell my apartment. I'll sell my condominium. I'm going to get
out of there totally, 'cause this is just absurd, and it's ridiculous
-- and it isn't going to work,” Limbaugh said. “It's punishing the
achievers for the mistakes and the lack of discipline on the part of a
bunch of corrupt politicians that have run that city and state into
the ground for I don't know how many years -- and I, for one, am not
going to take the blame for it. “

Limbaugh, who usually broadcasts from his home in Florida, another
state with no income tax, said the new tax is likely not only to drive
other high earners like himself from New York, but prompt those
remaining to work less. Pointing out that the state already collects
taxes on cigarettes and liquor, in addition to billions in lottery
proceeds – oh, and don’t forget billions more in federal stimulus
dollars – Limbaugh asked Gov. David Paterson when would it ever be
enough.

He even suggested a new state slogan: “New York: It’s Never Enough.”

“When you raise taxes on an activity, you reduce that activity,”
Limbaugh explained to his listeners. “People start doing that activity
less. In this case: working. When you reduce taxes on an activity,
then that activity increases. When you reduce taxes on income, people
start working harder to earn more. Governor Paterson needs to cut
taxes on people. He needs to spur investment. He needs to get people
going and working. It's just the exact opposite. Governor Paterson is
like most other liberal Democrats: zero-sum game. The economy is a
pie. It never grows. Somebody gets their slice; somebody gets their
slice.”

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Hmm...isn't this one of those dreaded OFF TOPIC postings?

Strange how those who condemn off topic postings aren't complaining
about this one? ;)

Rush...the hero for losers.

TMT