Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Things not to say in Post Op.....

Took the wife to the hospital this morning for outpaitent sinus
surgery.

After 2+ hours of rotor rooting, cutting, snipping, blasting and
carving...they called me in to post op to sit by her.

When she woke up about another hour later...first thing I did was look
around and ask "where my wife and who put Missy Piggy in her bed?"

(big bandage over her nose , face swollen like a melon, betadine
everywhere)

She actually managed to lay a pretty good one on me, despite the IV in
that arm....

On the way home this afternoon...she was pretty much out of it...but
mumbled something about "blert..blag..gumph..Miss Piggy?........

I suspect Im gonna pay for that for years.....

Im gonna deny everything.....

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Things NOT to say after landing a trophy buck:
That was better than sex!

Its been 15 years, still haven't lived it down.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Took the wife to the hospital this morning for outpaitent sinus
surgery.

After 2+ hours of rotor rooting, cutting, snipping, blasting and
carving...they called me in to post op to sit by her.

When she woke up about another hour later...first thing I did was look
around and ask "where my wife and who put Missy Piggy in her bed?"

(big bandage over her nose , face swollen like a melon, betadine
everywhere)

She actually managed to lay a pretty good one on me, despite the IV in
that arm....

On the way home this afternoon...she was pretty much out of it...but
mumbled something about "blert..blag..gumph..Miss Piggy?........

I suspect Im gonna pay for that for years.....

Im gonna deny everything.....

Be very, very careful is she calls you 'Kermit'. You've seen miss
Piggy knock his bony little ass across the room.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

On a par with "do these jeans make my butt look fat?"
"The jeans have nothing to do with it..."

Or, "You made me give up beer but you just spent 200 bucks on cosmetics"..
"That's to make me look beautiful for you"
"That's what the beer was for..."

and on and on....
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 19, 8:56 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Gunner, have always admired your social skills. Sorta ranks with "Mmm,
that beer was good, think I will drive down and get some more...."

DEFINITELY in the Good Idea At the Time category..(both cases)

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Which wife is that?

On 2008-08-18, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus19239 wrote:

Which wife is that?

Ex.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:02:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

When she was being wheeled into the delivery room, some 31 yrs ago, I
loudly asked the doctor "hey Doc..while your at it, think you can toss
a couple extra stitches in and tighten her up a little?"

Ill always carry the vision of the double doors closing, shutting off
my view of her wildly flipping me the double bird and hysterical
laughter from the doctor and the nurses......

Paid for that one too......

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 21:18:48 -0500, Ignoramus19239
wrote:

Which wife is that?

The one Im legally seperated from, but supporting. Nominally the Ex
wife but for the paper work.

There have been no others.

Hummm...I think I see a trend here.......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

:-) You have plausible deniability there, Gunner. You can tell her
that she was under the influence of anesthesia and mis-heard you. I've
had the same surgery and I can tell you that you are NOT right, not that
I ever was, afterward for a while.

don't forget the pistol match on the 7th of September if you can make
it. It is growing and I'm looking forward to a good turn out. If you
know anyone else who might want to participate, be sure to tell them.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:31:20 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Ach! Id forgotten about that match! Im glad you reminded me. Ive
been up to my ass in alligators and it slipped my mind..whats left of
it.

Ill tell a few of my buds and see if we can get some more folks up
there

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

That would be great. The more the merrier, or so they say. If you want
I can send you a flyer and you can tack it to your forehead. :-)

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:10:37 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:31:20 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

don't forget the pistol match on the 7th of September if you can make
it. It is growing and I'm looking forward to a good turn out. If you
know anyone else who might want to participate, be sure to tell them.

Ach! Id forgotten about that match! Im glad you reminded me. Ive
been up to my ass in alligators and it slipped my mind..whats left of
it.

Ill tell a few of my buds and see if we can get some more folks up
there

That would be great. The more the merrier, or so they say. If you want
I can send you a flyer and you can tack it to your forehead. :-)

Up there where there? (Duh... Which way did they go, George?)

I can always enter the "Go ahead, Laugh! Everyone else does..."
class with my .25 Auto noisemaker.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 01:09:19 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

That would be great. The more the merrier, or so they say. If you want
I can send you a flyer and you can tack it to your forehead. :-)

Up there where there? (Duh... Which way did they go, George?)

I can always enter the "Go ahead, Laugh! Everyone else does..."
class with my .25 Auto noisemaker.

-- Bruce --

Need something heavier..I can provide...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:31:20 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

don't forget the pistol match on the 7th of September if you can make
it. It is growing and I'm looking forward to a good turn out. If you
know anyone else who might want to participate, be sure to tell them.

Ach! Id forgotten about that match! Im glad you reminded me. Ive
been up to my ass in alligators and it slipped my mind..whats left of
it.

Ill tell a few of my buds and see if we can get some more folks up
there

That would be great. The more the merrier, or so they say. If you want
I can send you a flyer and you can tack it to your forehead. :-)

Up there where there? (Duh... Which way did they go, George?)

I can always enter the "Go ahead, Laugh! Everyone else does..."
class with my .25 Auto noisemaker.

-- Bruce --

I sent you an email with a flyer attached but in case I didn't guess
right on the address, the match will be held at the Lucerne Valley Lions
Pride Gun Range on Sunday, September 7th from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
It's $15 to shoot and you can re-shoot as many times as you want for
$5.00 each. Proceeds go to benefit the Lucerne Valley Lions Club (the
owners of the range). Each round of shooting will take 45 rounds of
whatever caliber you are shooting. Lucerne Valley is about 20 or so
miles east of Victorville on Highway 18. If you need directions email
me and I'll send them to you. All shooters, semi-auto or revolver are
invited.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:31:20 GMT, Jim Chandler wrote:

don't forget the pistol match on the 7th of September if you can
make it. It is growing and I'm looking forward to a good turn
out. If you know anyone else who might want to participate, be
sure to tell them.

Ach! Id forgotten about that match! Im glad you reminded me.
Ive been up to my ass in alligators and it slipped my mind..whats
left of it.

Ill tell a few of my buds and see if we can get some more folks up
there

That would be great. The more the merrier, or so they say. If you
want I can send you a flyer and you can tack it to your forehead.
:-)

Up there where there? (Duh... Which way did they go, George?)

I can always enter the "Go ahead, Laugh! Everyone else does..."
class with my .25 Auto noisemaker.

-- Bruce --

I sent you an email with a flyer attached but in case I didn't guess
right on the address, the match will be held at the Lucerne Valley
Lions Pride Gun Range on Sunday, September 7th from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00
p.m. It's $15 to shoot and you can re-shoot as many times as you want
for $5.00 each. Proceeds go to benefit the Lucerne Valley Lions Club
(the owners of the range). Each round of shooting will take 45
rounds of whatever caliber you are shooting. Lucerne Valley is about
20 or so miles east of Victorville on Highway 18. If you need
directions email me and I'll send them to you. All shooters,
semi-auto or revolver are invited.

What is the prize?

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

We have trophies for the first three places in each category and we are
raffling off an eight position, California approved (I know you're just
thrilled about that) gun cabinet. Depending on the attendance, this may
become a more frequent event. I'd love to see a hundred shooters there.
I'll attempt to send you a flyer, if your email address isn't too munged.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

[...]