Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 9 x 20 import lathe plus tooling for sale, $1250, Monterey CA

So I've finely put up my 9x20 lathe for sale.

This is a link to the CraigsList add that has pictures, you all know what
these lathes look like but there is a shot of the bed and of all the
tooling.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/tls/749804641.html

Here's the text of the add.

This lathe is located in Monterey and must be picked up. You need to be able
to lift one end to help load it.

It is the 9x20 import lathe sold by Enco, Jet, Grizzly, Harbor Freight etc.
It was manufactured in 1988 and is in excellent shape.

It comes with it's original parts manual, 3 jaw chuck, 4 jaw chuck (which is
pretty useless), face plate, steady rest, compound tool holder and optional
cabinet stand and work light.

I have replaced the compound with a VERY stout 4 way mounted directly on the
crossslide, trust me you'll never put the compound back on.

There is a reversible ratchet wrench for the tailstock, which is worth it's
weight in gold if you do a lot of tailstock work.

It comes with a broad array of tooling.

A real 5" 4 jaw chuck.
Five 3/8" shank indexable TT style tool holders that fit the 4 way.
One TT style indexable boring bar.
Three 1/2" shank 3/16 square tool holders that fit the original compound.
One Jacobs drill chuck for the tail stock.
One Live center for the tailstock.
One MT#2 dead center for the tailstock.
Two MT#3 dead centers for the spindle.
One MT3# to MT2# adaptor.
One MT2# to MT#2 extension.

It also comes with a brand new spare half-nut and spare drive belts.

I'm selling this because I bought a bigger lathe and need the room.

Dave August
831-372-3277