Rex B

Default need help identifying lathe tooling

I just posted a couple pics to the dropbox

Loganplate.jpg is a flat steel plate, about 9" diameter, and 3/16"
thick. it has a number of accurate holes bored in various places. It has
an arrow stamped in the face, along with a number. it resembles an index
plate, but I don't think that's what it is. Anyone?

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/Loganplate.jpg

QCToolholder.jpg is (surp4rise!) a QC toolholder of a type I don't
recognize. Rather than dovetails this one has straight-sided slots where
it slides down on the toolpost block. This happens to be a parting tool
holder. I'd like to identify it so I can sell or swap it for something I
need.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/QCtoolholder.jpg

Thanks for the help
--
- -
Rex Burkheimer
woodworker88

I think the plate is a special purpose faceplate someone made at
sometime for a particular project. Perhaps for use with toolmakers's
buttons. The toolholder isn't that surprising. I have seen a qc that
used movable gib-type objects in a regular t-slot type shape. Maybe
someone else has the qc toolholder that it fits to.

Rex B

woodworker88 wrote:
I think the plate is a special purpose faceplate someone made at
sometime for a particular project. Perhaps for use with toolmakers's
buttons.

Could be, but it looks factory, not shop-made. The numbers and the arrow
are machined, not stamped.

The toolholder isn't that surprising. I have seen a qc that
used movable gib-type objects in a regular t-slot type shape. Maybe
someone else has the qc toolholder that it fits to.

I need to find that someone and complete his set