Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Flexible exhaust tubing

I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming which
is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long but any
lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:27:17 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing

http://www.mcmaster.com/
p. 212

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JC Whitney Automotive. I think that Autozone has it too.

On 2008-07-09, Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming which
is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long but any
lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-09, Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming
which
is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long but any
lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Thanks for the tip. TZ Whippee does have some rather expensive SS flex
tubing and I've tried AutoZone, Napa, Pep Boys, Toys 4 Trucks, several
muffler shops with zero results. I may have found some galvanized stuff
from, of all places, Amazon.com
Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Beware though, that galvanized stuff rusts.

On 2008-07-09, Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

"Ignoramus32025" wrote in message
JC Whitney Automotive. I think that Autozone has it too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-09, Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming
which
is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long but
any
lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

Thanks for the tip. TZ Whippee does have some rather expensive SS flex
tubing and I've tried AutoZone, Napa, Pep Boys, Toys 4 Trucks, several
muffler shops with zero results. I may have found some galvanized stuff
from, of all places, Amazon.com
Stu

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

The galvanized stuff is only to be used for a model. Once I get the shape
right on all 4 pieces, I'm going to coat them with epoxy and take them to a
good muffler shop that can do good pipe bending to match some good pipe with
the 4 pieces.

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

FWIW

There was a discussion in this group, maybe 4 weeks ago, a guy has a kit
with plastic segments intended for exactly what you are doing.

The pieces are close tolerance, you can even use the dims for creating a
solid model, which can aid in programming a cnc bender.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming
which is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long
but any lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon" wrote in message
FWIW

There was a discussion in this group, maybe 4 weeks ago, a guy has a kit
with plastic segments intended for exactly what you are doing.

The pieces are close tolerance, you can even use the dims for creating a
solid model, which can aid in programming a cnc bender.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming
which is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long
but any lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

Yeah Jon I saw that and checked into it. If I was in the business of making
tuned exhausts, it might pay for itself, but for the onesy-twosy not a
chance. The parts a pieces that I would need would be way beyond my budget
for the entire tuned exhaust system: I'm trying for less than $1200 for the
exhaust ready to go. The plastic segments would indeed provide everything I
needed but at a lot more than $2,000.

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If its only a model, how about foam pipe insulation taped over 1/2 copper or
aluminum tubing?
--
Stupendous Man,