Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default Flexible exhaust tubing

"Jon" wrote in message
FWIW

There was a discussion in this group, maybe 4 weeks ago, a guy has a kit
with plastic segments intended for exactly what you are doing.

The pieces are close tolerance, you can even use the dims for creating a
solid model, which can aid in programming a cnc bender.

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing to be used to
create a model of the headers in a tuned exhaust for my 0320 Lycoming
which is mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter. I need 4 pieces 38" long
but any lengths that would yield 152 ".

Stu

Yeah Jon I saw that and checked into it. If I was in the business of making
tuned exhausts, it might pay for itself, but for the onesy-twosy not a
chance. The parts a pieces that I would need would be way beyond my budget
for the entire tuned exhaust system: I'm trying for less than $1200 for the
exhaust ready to go. The plastic segments would indeed provide everything I
needed but at a lot more than $2,000.

Stu