Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

I visited an interesting guy today, to whom I sold some VFD drives, to
set up one for him. Which was easy. (I am selling 3 HP drives for $100
a pop)

Then he showed me his Hardinge HC chucker. It did not work right. He
never ran it because of it. He hooked it up to his phase converter and
it ran, however the speed adjustment knobs never worked.

After a few minutes of running some "click" was heard and it stopped
and would not restart.

Just to be clear, we never hooked up his hardinge to any VFDs, I
told him not to do it due to a jumble of relays in the control box.

Is there anyone here who knows how these HCs work?

Why would it click and not restart?

Why is the motor that actuates the threaded rod that drives the speed
adjustment hinge, never runs?

This is not for me, it is for him. He is a NRA member and an all
around great guy. If he could spend a few minutes on the phone with
someone he would be delighted. He can make gun parts for you.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/