Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8671 Ignoramus8671 is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

On 2008-05-17, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

"Ignoramus8671" wrote in message

Iggy, give me some more information about your VFD drives, please.
I already have 3 phase in my shop, however, I am considering a VFD simply
for speed control.
Questions:
Can a 3hp drive run a 2 hp motor, or do they have to be matched?

The motor has to have a horsepower that the VFD can handle, but any HP
below that is OK.

Does your 3hp VFD work with 3phase input, or do I need to run on
single phase? How do I buy from you?

Works with single phase, only up to 2 HP motors.

The person I visited today, used it on a Bridgeport and Index mills.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/