Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Waterjet cutters

Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the Eastern
PA/NJ area? Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200 pieces)
on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. Thanks!
Todd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ronald Thompson wrote:
(snip)
Would it need to be waterjet? The reason I ask is we have an awesome
Amada laser at work and it turns out beautiful work very fast. (not
looking for new work)
Also for the material and number of pieces, I don't think location is
a problem. I don't think shipping would be cost prohibitive.

No, it doesn't have to be a waterjet. The previous person I was working
with said their laser wouldn't cut brass. I'm not all that up on current
laser cutting technology, so I wasn't sure if it was just his model, or a
general issue.

I understand about not looking for new work, but thank you for the
additional information.
Todd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Todd Rich wrote:
Ronald Thompson wrote:
(snip)

Would it need to be waterjet? The reason I ask is we have an awesome
Amada laser at work and it turns out beautiful work very fast. (not
looking for new work)
Also for the material and number of pieces, I don't think location is
a problem. I don't think shipping would be cost prohibitive.

No, it doesn't have to be a waterjet. The previous person I was working
with said their laser wouldn't cut brass. I'm not all that up on current
laser cutting technology, so I wasn't sure if it was just his model, or a
general issue.

I understand about not looking for new work, but thank you for the
additional information.
Todd

My local laser cutter will do brass and copper at limited capacity but
from what I have been told it is very much a choice of the people
operating the laser cutter. The main issue seems to be that some laser
machines run polished copper mirrors and the energy reflected back by
cutting copper and brass can damage that mirror at some expense if the
machine isn't set right. I've had 1.5mm brass cut by laser at the local
place but the cut quality was poor and required cleaning up. I haven't
chased up a local water jet cutter yet but may do in the near future.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Why not have coated brass. A layer of blue film or such - then
a reflection of wavelength matching anything would be nominal.
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

David Billington wrote:
Todd Rich wrote:
Ronald Thompson wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

responding to
http://www.rittercnc.com/metalworkin...rs-122945-.htm
bjurgenson wrote:
Hi Todd,

I would be happy to take a look at what you have.

thank you,
Bryan Jurgenson

--
Bryan Jurgenson
OCE Waterjet

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Todd Rich wrote:

Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the
Eastern
PA/NJ area? Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200
pieces)
on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. Thanks!
Todd

714 area code? Which part of LA/OC are you in?

Gunner, all over So Cal as a repair tech

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Todd Rich wrote:
Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the
Eastern
PA/NJ area? *Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200
pieces)
on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. *Thanks!
* * * * * * * * * *Todd

--
Bryan Jurgenson
OCE Waterjet
714-502-8455 Ext.212

Isn't this a three year old discussion?

There is a BIG difference between laser and waterjet on different
materials.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Todd Rich wrote:

Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the
Eastern
PA/NJ area? *Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200
pieces)
on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. *Thanks!

714 area code? Which part of LA/OC are you in?

Gunner, all over So Cal as a repair tech

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)- Hide quoted text -

60K miles a year with no job repair tech.

TMT