Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moving and hooking up some machine tools...

Ive been a bit busy since the week before Thanksgiving, moving a
machine shop some 13 or so miles and into a bigger building.

32,000 square feet, 30 foot ceilings, and had all of its wiring
stolen, along with gutting all the sub panels etc.

Its been something of a project, with no days off since Thanksgiving
(until this weekend) and not being home since the weekend before that.

The shop is back in full production, though a couple machines are
still not fully conduited, running on temp cables. That will be done
in the next couple days.

Ill have some more detailed pictures of some of the machines, mostly
CNC lathes..(its interesting to watch one doing ID threading on a 20'
long chunk of pipe, 22" in diameter. You load them with a
forklift.....

Now I just got to figure out why the big 12 x 14 foot plasma cutter
table is giving me a "Y" axis servo alarm......

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch

look under New Project for a few pictures. More to come later this
week...

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch

look under New Project for a few pictures. More to come later this
week...

Hey, pet that dog for me. I'd dogless atm.
I like that skylift.

Nice and small for getting into places. We have one just like it where I
work. What did you have to give for it?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
Ive been a bit busy since the week before Thanksgiving, moving a
machine shop some 13 or so miles and into a bigger building.

snip

Figured you had a big job or a new chick. Big jobs pay better!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Gunner,

Don't think I've stared at your mug shot before... We could be brothers. I'm
only slightly uglier. My beard has bit more gray and I have just a little
less hair on top.

bet that's quite a feeling of satisfaction pulling off a huge job like that
in jig time.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:02:27 -0500, Wes wrote:

Gunner wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch

look under New Project for a few pictures. More to come later this
week...

Hey, pet that dog for me. I'd dogless atm.
I like that skylift.

Nice and small for getting into places. We have one just like it where I
work. What did you have to give for it?

Actually..the client rented it at my request. It has an extendable
deck on one end, that is invaluable in getting over the top of
machinery.

Wes

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:25:58 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Hey Gunner,

Don't think I've stared at your mug shot before... We could be brothers. I'm
only slightly uglier. My beard has bit more gray and I have just a little
less hair on top.

bet that's quite a feeling of satisfaction pulling off a huge job like that
in jig time.

Karl

There is indeed.

However, I pretty much collapsed Friday night from exhaustion and
bronchitis, and have been down all weekend, OTC'd and amoxicillianed
into semi conciousness. Feeling a bit better now. About like a sick
kitten, which is a definite improvement. Lots of "all nighters" in
the past few weeks. But it looks like Im under budget and on time,
or really close.

Ive slept/napped in that van quite a number of times...chuckle

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Gunner wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch

look under New Project for a few pictures. More to come later this
week...

Hey, pet that dog for me. I'd dogless atm.
I like that skylift.

Nice and small for getting into places. We have one just like it where I
work. What did you have to give for it?

Wes

Rentals for various aerial lifts aren't usually that expensive. The
expensive part is typically delivery since many of the lifts are very
heavy. Some of the smaller ones can be moved on one of the drop deck
trailers though.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Gunner,

Hard work and long hours, but isn't it nice to work in "clean shop"
like that, rather than in the muck and mire of a shop in production?!?

Looks like a hell of a job...and that's a double entendre!! And man
have you ever porked up since we had coffee way way back!! Thinking
about it, that WAS when you were in the midst of quite a lot of
personal turmoil's though, so I hope this is the "real" you and things
are getting better.

And where is the black Stetson?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:57:14 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:36:07 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Gunner,

Hard work and long hours, but isn't it nice to work in "clean shop"
like that, rather than in the muck and mire of a shop in production?!?

Ayup....though..they didnt take the time to pressure wash any of the
machinery when they moved it..so hooking up the machines means Im
getting nasty now that most of the overhead stuff is over.

Looks like a hell of a job...and that's a double entendre!! And man
have you ever porked up since we had coffee way way back!! Thinking
about it, that WAS when you were in the midst of quite a lot of
personal turmoil's though, so I hope this is the "real" you and things
are getting better.

At 230lbs, Im the heaviest Ive ever been in my life. 5 lbs heavier
than when I graduated from High School, 35 lbs heavier than my
maintainence weight of the last 30 yrs.

Im now 54 yrs old and can still look straight down and see both my
boots and belt buckle.

But yeah..I think when you and I met..I was at 185. Losing the house
or not being able to feed the pets, or eating..wasnt much of a
tossup.

Though to be fair, Im probably stronger now than Ive been in 15 yrs
since the last back surgery.

I can still bearly "pinch an inch". That photo sorta lied, as I dont
have any belly to speak of, but yeah..Ive got more body fat than Im
used to. Frankly..its the damned sugar in the energy drinks Ive been
swilling down.

And where is the black Stetson?

early November is when I change from a straw to a felt hat. And Ive
not been home since then, to swap out

But if I manage to get home this coming weekend, Im gonna swap out as
its been cold recently and the straw simply doesnt do much.

wrote:

[...]

Moving Vista license from one machine to another ???? Kaiser Sose UK diy 6 June 3rd 07 10:30 PM
Moving washing machine Simon UK diy 3 February 21st 06 11:33 AM
Machine moving roller skates Jim Dincau Metalworking 1 November 14th 05 03:53 PM
Machine moving skates Jim Dincau Metalworking 9 September 21st 05 02:22 AM
Moving Dishwasher and Washing Machine Bill UK diy 12 June 11th 04 12:47 AM