Harold & Susan Vordos

Default OT Nupla-Flex hammers --The best there is!

For those of you that have experienced the high quality of soft hammers made
by Nupla Corporation, I thought you might enjoy reading of my recent
experience. Their concern for customer satisfaction and fine service is a
shining light in today's world, where the bottom line in profits seems to be
more important to CEO's than happy customers.

I've used the Nupla-Flex soft hammer head insert for my home made soft
hammer for my entire machining career, starting back in '57. They offer
various inserts so you can match the hammer to the task at hand, from very
soft heads to rather hard ones. I've found that the green inserts are
perfectly matched to the machine shop. They are well known for their
ability to not inflict damage to items being hammered, so they are an
invaluable tool in the machine shop. These inserts have a terrific life
span, but like all things mechanical, they do wear out. It's safe to say
that in the years that I've used my hammer, I've changed inserts probably 5
times.

A few years ago I noticed that Sears sold them, so I wasn't concerned about
buying replacements, which was long overdue for my hammer. The tips had
pretty much outlived their useful life, but I was busy building our house,
so the hammer was not of concern at the moment.

Early this year I went to the "local" (25 miles away) Sears store to buy
some inserts, only to find that they no longer carried Nupla products. We
live in a remote area, where there are no outlets for shop tools.
Considering I've been out of the shop for a few years and have no current
tool catalogs, I had nowhere to turn for new inserts. I moved from one
state to another when I retired, so I also no longer had my old connections.

Checking online, I found a link to Nupla Corporation's web site, so I sent
an email detailing my dilemma and asking for the name of a retail outlet
where I might buy replacement tips. My request was sent mid April.

I never got a response from Nupla, but mean time I had checked some catalogs
from the mid 90's, and found a source for the inserts, so I figured I'd
order them after requesting a new catalog.

Today UPS made an unscheduled delivery. In complete surprise, I found
Nupla had shipped a pair of inserts for my hammer at no charge.

Just wanted to tell others how pleased I am to know there are still people
in this world that care about others. I am not affiliated with Nupla
Corporation in any way, but I am a very satisfied consumer of their fine
products. There is no better soft hammer on the market.

http://www.nuplacorp.com/

Thanks for listening!

Harold

michael

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

[...]

Beg to differ, I use Lixie. I like the feel of a hammer with a wood handle. I
have a Nupla, which I used for some time, but after going wood, it rarely gets
used. The deadblows I really have no use for are those cast types. Got one once,
used it a bit, gave it away. POS.

That is pretty cool they sent the tips. Reminds me of the way things used to be.

michael

Harold & Susan Vordos

"michael" wrote in message
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

[...]

You didn't pay attention to the first part. g The home made hammer,
that is. Wooden handle. Makes for the best of all hammers, just as you
say.

The cast types. I assume you mean lead hammers. Not bad hammers if you
don't mind spending a couple hours per week casting hammers. :-) I have a
life, don't need that to be happy.

Cool? I'll say. Yes, it does remind you of the good old days. It's
often hard to get service you've bargained for. Getting something you
didn't request, nor expect, is really the icing on the cake as far as I'm
concerned. I was totally impressed by their kind offering.

Harold

Leon Heller

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
For those of you that have experienced the high quality of soft hammers

made
by Nupla Corporation, I thought you might enjoy reading of my recent
experience. Their concern for customer satisfaction and fine service is

shining light in today's world, where the bottom line in profits seems to

be
more important to CEO's than happy customers.

I've got a pair of Lindstrom side cutters and pliers. After a few years use
a spring broke on the pliers. I rang the importers and they sent me a couple
of replacements FOC. I replaced the springs and and am still using them, 25
years after buying them.

Leon

michael

You didn't pay attention to the first part. g The home made hammer,
that is. Wooden handle. Makes for the best of all hammers, just as you
say.

I thought that might be the case. The 'send' button is rather unforgiving. [{:~)

The cast types. I assume you mean lead hammers. Not bad hammers if you
don't mind spending a couple hours per week casting hammers. :-) I have a
life, don't need that to be happy.

I was thinking of the plastic type, ie: Comp-Cast. Have a lead one with a piece
of pipe for the handle I picked up somewhere in my journey. Looks like hell, but
right handy at times.

mj

Cool? I'll say. Yes, it does remind you of the good old days. It's
often hard to get service you've bargained for. Getting something you
didn't request, nor expect, is really the icing on the cake as far as I'm
concerned. I was totally impressed by their kind offering.

Harold

Stan Schaefer

"Leon Heller" wrote in message ...
"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
For those of you that have experienced the high quality of soft hammers

made
by Nupla Corporation, I thought you might enjoy reading of my recent
experience. Their concern for customer satisfaction and fine service is

shining light in today's world, where the bottom line in profits seems to

be
more important to CEO's than happy customers.

I've got a pair of Lindstrom side cutters and pliers. After a few years use
a spring broke on the pliers. I rang the importers and they sent me a couple
of replacements FOC. I replaced the springs and and am still using them, 25
years after buying them.

Leon

It's called building customer goodwill and a lot of companies today
don't understand it. The cost of tracking down a parts supplier close
by and referring a customer to them probably was close to the cost of
simply sticking parts in the mail. The profit margins on one set of
small parts is probably as close to nil as doesn't matter, the cost of
invoicing would probably exceed their cost. On the other hand, I
never heard of either company before these posts, none of the local
suppliers I use has their lines, so it's low-cost advertising and
freebies show they care about their customers.

Stan
Leon Heller

"Stan Schaefer" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Lindstrom is a Swedish manufacturer of very high quality tools, especially
electronic pliers and cutters:

http://www.lindstromtools.com/about.htm

Leon

Carl Byrns

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:23:01 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
shouted from the rooftop:

Checking online, I found a link to Nupla Corporation's web site, so I sent
an email detailing my dilemma and asking for the name of a retail outlet
where I might buy replacement tips. My request was sent mid April.

I never got a response from Nupla, but mean time I had checked some catalogs
from the mid 90's, and found a source for the inserts, so I figured I'd
order them after requesting a new catalog.

Today UPS made an unscheduled delivery. In complete surprise, I found
Nupla had shipped a pair of inserts for my hammer at no charge.

It's nice that they sent the inserts, but no response to a query is
unforgivably bad customer service.

-Carl
"If you don't have enemies, you don't have character"-Paul Newman
Harold & Susan Vordos

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:23:01 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
shouted from the rooftop:

Checking online, I found a link to Nupla Corporation's web site, so I

sent
an email detailing my dilemma and asking for the name of a retail outlet
where I might buy replacement tips. My request was sent mid April.

I never got a response from Nupla, but mean time I had checked some

catalogs
from the mid 90's, and found a source for the inserts, so I figured I'd
order them after requesting a new catalog.

Today UPS made an unscheduled delivery. In complete surprise, I found
Nupla had shipped a pair of inserts for my hammer at no charge.

It's nice that they sent the inserts, but no response to a query is
unforgivably bad customer service.

I thought it was a strange way to do business, too, but sure as hell let
them off the hook when I found the surprise package.

Can't help but wonder if it was handed from desk to desk until someone had
the brilliant idea to simply send some tips. Regardless, I'm very
impressed with these people. I recall a few years back when I was still
running my business. I made inquiries on my letterhead to six businesses.
Three of the six companies I contacted didn't respond. Need I tell you
how underwhelmed I am with the attitude of many businesses today? These
guys look pretty damned good by contrast.

Harold

Safety hammers? Sasha Klamp UK diy 24 March 24th 04 11:29 PM
Flex outlet for wall light Martin Pentreath UK diy 7 September 20th 03 01:35 AM