Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Harold & Susan Vordos

Default OT Nupla-Flex hammers --The best there is!

For those of you that have experienced the high quality of soft hammers made
by Nupla Corporation, I thought you might enjoy reading of my recent
experience. Their concern for customer satisfaction and fine service is a
shining light in today's world, where the bottom line in profits seems to be
more important to CEO's than happy customers.

I've used the Nupla-Flex soft hammer head insert for my home made soft
hammer for my entire machining career, starting back in '57. They offer
various inserts so you can match the hammer to the task at hand, from very
soft heads to rather hard ones. I've found that the green inserts are
perfectly matched to the machine shop. They are well known for their
ability to not inflict damage to items being hammered, so they are an
invaluable tool in the machine shop. These inserts have a terrific life
span, but like all things mechanical, they do wear out. It's safe to say
that in the years that I've used my hammer, I've changed inserts probably 5
times.

A few years ago I noticed that Sears sold them, so I wasn't concerned about
buying replacements, which was long overdue for my hammer. The tips had
pretty much outlived their useful life, but I was busy building our house,
so the hammer was not of concern at the moment.

Early this year I went to the "local" (25 miles away) Sears store to buy
some inserts, only to find that they no longer carried Nupla products. We
live in a remote area, where there are no outlets for shop tools.
Considering I've been out of the shop for a few years and have no current
tool catalogs, I had nowhere to turn for new inserts. I moved from one
state to another when I retired, so I also no longer had my old connections.

Checking online, I found a link to Nupla Corporation's web site, so I sent
an email detailing my dilemma and asking for the name of a retail outlet
where I might buy replacement tips. My request was sent mid April.

I never got a response from Nupla, but mean time I had checked some catalogs
from the mid 90's, and found a source for the inserts, so I figured I'd
order them after requesting a new catalog.

Today UPS made an unscheduled delivery. In complete surprise, I found
Nupla had shipped a pair of inserts for my hammer at no charge.

Just wanted to tell others how pleased I am to know there are still people
in this world that care about others. I am not affiliated with Nupla
Corporation in any way, but I am a very satisfied consumer of their fine
products. There is no better soft hammer on the market.

http://www.nuplacorp.com/

Thanks for listening!

Harold

Safety hammers? Sasha Klamp UK diy 24 March 24th 04 11:29 PM
Flex outlet for wall light Martin Pentreath UK diy 7 September 20th 03 01:35 AM