Gunner

Default OT-: Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination.

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:45:31 -0400, North wrote:

Constitutional scholar Badnarik gets presidential nomination

ATLANTA -- In a stunning come-from-behind victory, Texas
constitutional scholar Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian
Party's presidential nomination.

Badnarik, 49, of Austin, Texas, won 423 votes -- or 54 percent -- from
delegates at the Libertarian Party's national convention in Atlanta on
Sunday. Coming in second was movie producer Aaron Russo, followed by
longtime radio talk host Gary Nolan.

Badnarik's victory was considered a shock because he had been beaten
in the polls and primaries by both Nolan and Russo. According to many
undecided delegates, Badnarik's superior performance in the Saturday
debates propelled him ahead of the other candidates.

In an emotional acceptance speech on the convention floor, a surprised
Badnarik declared, "Never in my wildest dreams!" Then he thanked
delegates for their support and made it clear that his campaign will
stay focused on forcing the government to abide by the Constitution.

"The reason we can't find a relationship between the Constitution and
the government is that there is none," he said. "If I can win the
Libertarian nomination, there's no reason I can't win this election.
We have a unique opportunity to change the world."

For the past three years Badnarik has been teaching classes on the
Constitution, and his message of forcing the government to strictly
abide by that document appealed to many Libertarian delegates.

According to many political analysts, the Libertarian nominee could
cost President George Bush the November election by attracting votes
from frustrated Republicans in key swing states such as Wisconsin,
Oregon and Nevada.

According to a May 21 article by David Paul Kuhn, chief political
writer for CBSNews.com, many conservatives are so angry over Bush's
spending increases that they may abandon the GOP in November.

If that happens, the Libertarian nominee "may do for Democrats in 2004
what Nader did for Republicans in 2000" and cost Bush the election,
Kuhn says.

The Libertarian presidential candidate appeared on all 50 state
ballots in 1992, 1996, and 2000, and the party is working toward that
goal in 2004.

Two other candidates, David Hollist of California and Jeffrey Diket of
Louisiana, were eliminated in the first round of voting.

In a separate vote, delegates chose Richard Campagna as their vice
presidential nominee. Campagna, 52, is an attorney is Iowa City, Iowa.

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Rex B

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:14:38 GMT, Gunner wrote:

||On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:45:31 -0400, North wrote:
||Constitutional scholar Badnarik gets presidential nomination
||ATLANTA -- In a stunning come-from-behind victory, Texas
||constitutional scholar Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian
||Party's presidential nomination.
||Badnarik, 49, of Austin, Texas, won 423 votes -- or 54 percent -- from
||delegates at the Libertarian Party's national convention in Atlanta on
||Sunday. Coming in second was movie producer Aaron Russo, followed by
||longtime radio talk host Gary Nolan.
||Badnarik's victory was considered a shock because he had been beaten
||in the polls and primaries by both Nolan and Russo. According to many
||undecided delegates, Badnarik's superior performance in the Saturday
||debates propelled him ahead of the other candidates.
||In an emotional acceptance speech on the convention floor, a surprised
||Badnarik declared, "Never in my wildest dreams!" Then he thanked
||delegates for their support and made it clear that his campaign will
||stay focused on forcing the government to abide by the Constitution.
||"The reason we can't find a relationship between the Constitution and
||the government is that there is none," he said. "If I can win the
||Libertarian nomination, there's no reason I can't win this election.
||We have a unique opportunity to change the world."
||For the past three years Badnarik has been teaching classes on the
||Constitution, and his message of forcing the government to strictly
||abide by that document appealed to many Libertarian delegates.
||According to many political analysts, the Libertarian nominee could
||cost President George Bush the November election by attracting votes
||from frustrated Republicans in key swing states such as Wisconsin,
||Oregon and Nevada.
||According to a May 21 article by David Paul Kuhn, chief political
||writer for CBSNews.com, many conservatives are so angry over Bush's
||spending increases that they may abandon the GOP in November.
||If that happens, the Libertarian nominee "may do for Democrats in 2004
||what Nader did for Republicans in 2000" and cost Bush the election,
||Kuhn says.
||The Libertarian presidential candidate appeared on all 50 state
||ballots in 1992, 1996, and 2000, and the party is working toward that
||goal in 2004.
||Two other candidates, David Hollist of California and Jeffrey Diket of
||Louisiana, were eliminated in the first round of voting.
||In a separate vote, delegates chose Richard Campagna as their vice
||presidential nominee. Campagna, 52, is an attorney is Iowa City, Iowa.

While I strongly believe in the Libertarian agenda, and have voted Libertarian,
I would hate to think my vote for Badnarik gave Kerry the election. As much as
I'd like to see Libertarian ideals restored to the federal government, I just
can't take a chance on Kerry getting in.
If Kerry was caving in at the polls and Bush looked like a cinch, I'd
consider voting a Libertarian ticket.
A strong Libertarian candidate for Texas Governor might have a chance next
round if the GOP does not field a good alternative to Rick Perry. That would
be a real signal.

Texas Parts Guy
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:14:38 GMT, Gunner
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:45:31 -0400, North wrote:

Constitutional scholar Badnarik gets presidential nomination

ATLANTA -- In a stunning come-from-behind victory, Texas
constitutional scholar Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian
Party's presidential nomination.

He is my presidential candidate for 2004. Join me, won't you?

According to a May 21 article by David Paul Kuhn, chief political
writer for CBSNews.com, many conservatives are so angry over Bush's
spending increases that they may abandon the GOP in November.

If that happens, the Libertarian nominee "may do for Democrats in 2004
what Nader did for Republicans in 2000" and cost Bush the election,
Kuhn says.

Kuhn can kiss a rosy red rancid rat's rectum, too. So how do the
Shrub's failures turn into a Libertarian cause of his impending loss?
Why is competent competition bad? Kuhn's GOP ass kissing is pitiful.

It is way past time to embrace more parties since the two reigning
powers are so corrupt as to be a true embarrassment to most Americans.

Vote for your favorite candidate, not for some Rep/Dem out of fear.
Until we vote with our conscience, we'll keep getting what we've been
getting. November is a time for change.

---
After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in? --Steven Wright

Jeff Dantzler

Larry Jaques wrote:

Vote for your favorite candidate, not for some Rep/Dem out of fear.
Until we vote with our conscience, we'll keep getting what we've been
getting. November is a time for change.

I absolutely agree with Larry on this one.

Jeff Dantzler
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:01:47 -0000, Jeff Dantzler

Larry Jaques wrote:

Vote for your favorite candidate, not for some Rep/Dem out of fear.
Until we vote with our conscience, we'll keep getting what we've been
getting. November is a time for change.

I absolutely agree with Larry on this one.

GOOD! Hopefully, Rex won't be a sheep and WON'T vote to keep
the Shrub in power. Shrub's far too Imperialistic for my tastes
and I no longer wish to be King George's subject.

--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------

Gunner

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:55:47 GMT, (Rex B)
wrote:

> [...]

||goal in 2004.
||Two other candidates, David Hollist of California and Jeffrey Diket of
||Louisiana, were eliminated in the first round of voting.
||In a separate vote, delegates chose Richard Campagna as their vice
||presidential nominee. Campagna, 52, is an attorney is Iowa City, Iowa.

While I strongly believe in the Libertarian agenda, and have voted Libertarian,
I would hate to think my vote for Badnarik gave Kerry the election. As much as
I'd like to see Libertarian ideals restored to the federal government, I just
can't take a chance on Kerry getting in.
If Kerry was caving in at the polls and Bush looked like a cinch, I'd
consider voting a Libertarian ticket.
A strong Libertarian candidate for Texas Governor might have a chance next
round if the GOP does not field a good alternative to Rick Perry. That would

Indeed. Pragmatism and not emotionalism. And I echo your statements
exactly.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Gunner

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:31:52 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:14:38 GMT, Gunner
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:45:31 -0400, North wrote:

Constitutional scholar Badnarik gets presidential nomination

ATLANTA -- In a stunning come-from-behind victory, Texas
constitutional scholar Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian
Party's presidential nomination.

He is my presidential candidate for 2004. Join me, won't you?

Not if it means Kerry wins.

[...]

If we vote for a Libertarian...we will get yet again a Democrat..and a
really really really foul one this time.

Gunner

---
After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in? --Steven Wright

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Rex B

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:08:35 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

||On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:01:47 -0000, Jeff Dantzler
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:
||Larry Jaques wrote:
|| Vote for your favorite candidate, not for some Rep/Dem out of fear.
|| Until we vote with our conscience, we'll keep getting what we've been
|| getting. November is a time for change.
||I absolutely agree with Larry on this one.
||GOOD! Hopefully, Rex won't be a sheep and WON'T vote to keep
||the Shrub in power. Shrub's far too Imperialistic for my tastes
||and I no longer wish to be King George's subject.

I prefer to excercise my vote where it will be effective.
A strong Libertarian 3rd-party vote won't make much of an impression on a
President Kerry. But GWB would be very aware of it as his 2nd term starts.

Texas Parts Guy
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:40:58 GMT, Gunner

wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:14:38 GMT, Gunner
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:45:31 -0400, North wrote:

Constitutional scholar Badnarik gets presidential nomination

ATLANTA -- In a stunning come-from-behind victory, Texas
constitutional scholar Michael Badnarik has won the Libertarian
Party's presidential nomination.

He is my presidential candidate for 2004. Join me, won't you?

Not if it means Kerry wins.

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

If we vote for a Libertarian...we will get yet again a Democrat..and a
really really really foul one this time.

So you prefer an even more foul Rep? I cannot see your faith in
that man, especially with his secrecy policies the way they are.
Everything about us is public, everything about him is private.
He tosses our rights away for a false sense of security and you
actually buy it? Wut up wi dat, homey?

Do you really believe that our country is more secure after 9/11?
Do you believe our airports are more secure?

--
EAT SOYLENT McD!
----------------------

Harold & Susan Vordos

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Larry, my sentiments, exactly. I'll be damned if I'll vote for
one candidate, either Bush or Kerry, so the other won't take office. How
damned stupid have we become that we vote against a candidate instead of
*for* one? The Libertarians will always have NO CHANCE with that kind
of voter mentality. Vote Badnarik!

Harold

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:36:07 GMT, (Rex B)

wrote:

||On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:01:47 -0000, Jeff Dantzler
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:
||Larry Jaques wrote:
|| Vote for your favorite candidate, not for some Rep/Dem out of fear.
|| Until we vote with our conscience, we'll keep getting what we've been
|| getting. November is a time for change.
||I absolutely agree with Larry on this one.
||GOOD! Hopefully, Rex won't be a sheep and WON'T vote to keep
||the Shrub in power. Shrub's far too Imperialistic for my tastes
||and I no longer wish to be King George's subject.

I prefer to excercise my vote where it will be effective.
A strong Libertarian 3rd-party vote won't make much of an impression on a
President Kerry. But GWB would be very aware of it as his 2nd term starts.

If everyone thought like you (and far too many do), nobody would
ever change their voting patterns, patterns which have ruined this
country. Think about it. A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for a
third party, and that scares the holy bejesus out of the encumbents.
We almost did it with Perot's help in '92, and we might have made it
in '96 but someone (the two corrupt parties?) threatened Perot's
family one time too many. The engorged parties are having too much
fun sucking money out of the US to let a third party take over that
easily. I cannot vote for one of them if there is another choice.

Please don't vote out of fear (like they want you to.) Vote your
conscience. If enough of us do this, we'll end (or lessen) the
corruption and get our country back from these greedy thieves.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:09:34 -0700, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Thanks, Larry, my sentiments, exactly. I'll be damned if I'll vote for
one candidate, either Bush or Kerry, so the other won't take office. How
damned stupid have we become that we vote against a candidate instead of
*for* one? The Libertarians will always have NO CHANCE with that kind
of voter mentality. Vote Badnarik!

Yes! Vote for character, not out of spite (That's not voting.)

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Rex B

||If everyone thought like you (and far too many do), nobody would
||ever change their voting patterns, patterns which have ruined this
||country. Think about it. A vote for a Libertarian is a vote for a
||third party, and that scares the holy bejesus out of the encumbents.
||We almost did it with Perot's help in '92,

Voted for Perot. Got Clinton.
Lesson learned

||Please don't vote out of fear (like they want you to.) Vote your
||conscience. If enough of us do this, we'll end (or lessen) the
||corruption and get our country back from these greedy thieves.

Get off your soapbox, election isn't til November.
I'm intelligent enough to make those decisions on my own, thank you very much.
Texas Parts Guy
Gunner

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:44:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

So if you are gonna hold out of the voters to get their ****
together..its gonna be a very very very long wait.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. ...

Uh oh. Strange convergence of the planets and stars tonight.
Gunner and Jim agreeing on something!

Jim

please reply to:

Sue

wrote:

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

I work in an office of about 25 people. Aside from myself the *only*
person who seems at all interested in politics is a non-citizen young
woman. She's been here since she was 3 months old (was born in Mexico
sorta by accident) but has never gotten around to becoming a citizen.
I even promised her a party and she's always meaning to get around to
it. Sigh.
Sue

So if you are gonna hold out of the voters to get their ****
together..its gonna be a very very very long wait.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider

Rex B

||Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
||rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
||voters..which is something like 27% of the population.

Excellent point. We who vote select the leaders for the other ~87% of the
population of the US.
Texas Parts Guy
Rex B

||I work in an office of about 25 people. Aside from myself the *only*
||person who seems at all interested in politics is a non-citizen young
||woman. She's been here since she was 3 months old (was born in Mexico
||sorta by accident) but has never gotten around to becoming a citizen.
||I even promised her a party and she's always meaning to get around to
||it. Sigh.

She thought you meant "Democratic" party and decided to pass
Texas Parts Guy

Larry Jaques

wrote:

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Shhh! Don't remind them (and me.) My hope remains active, though.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

Yeah, it's really effin' sad, isn't it? Sheeple!

So if you are gonna hold out of the voters to get their ****
together..its gonna be a very very very long wait.

So be it. It'll be worth it.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Larry Jaques

On 1 Jun 2004 19:49:20 -0700, jim rozen
stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

In article , Gunner says...

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. ...

Uh oh. Strange convergence of the planets and stars tonight.
Gunner and Jim agreeing on something!

Figures. It's a full moon tomorrow night.

--
STOP LIVING LIKE VEAL
-----------------------

Sue

wrote:

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

Do you think those are real? I've seen a few and just hoped they were
staged. I just can't imagine that so many people are that ignorant.
It's painful.
I thought you'd bragged up about how you don't watch TV?
Sue

Carl Byrns

On 1 Jun 2004 19:49:20 -0700, jim rozen
shouted from the rooftop:

In article , Gunner says...

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. ...

Uh oh. Strange convergence of the planets and stars tonight.
Gunner and Jim agreeing on something!

Jim

Stranger yet, I not only agree with Gunner, but I do believe he's
defined voters with exacting precision.

-Carl
"If you don't have enemies, you don't have character"-Paul Newman

Sunworshiper

wrote:

If the voters are smart, The Shrug won't win another single vote.
If the voters are smart, Kerry won't take the election, either.
I hope the voters come to their senses and stop putting known CONS
in office.

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Shhh! Don't remind them (and me.) My hope remains active, though.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****. Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

Yeah, it's really effin' sad, isn't it? Sheeple!

Conservatively IMO 80% of them are, sheeple. Bet Leno justifies his
pay for that gig. Leno would be better than srub and he wouldn't want
the job. I say we draft someone to be Pres.

Don't get me on sheeple. Kinda like when the taxi pulls out slowly on
The Fifth Element and almost gets wiped out , knock knock there they
are.

So if you are gonna hold out of the voters to get their ****
together..its gonna be a very very very long wait.

So be it. It'll be worth it.

I asked a good friend what I was in the political spectrum and he said
Libertarian . Then I asked how many where in congress and he said
maybe 2-3 . LOL , like I wouldn't have guessed.

I don't like either one and may not vote , but if I don't that means
someone wins? ) Just cause I don't want to be apart of it?
Sometimes I vote and sometimes I don't. So?

Gunner puts this stuff up cause he wants to convert sheeple...
Into people.

pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Sue
fosted Thu, 03 Jun 2004 01:44:07 GMT on rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Hint..the voters are not smart. Jurors are not smart. Shoppers are not
smart, teachers and firemen and policemen are not smart.

Politics is just an annoyance to the vast majority of the public. Apathy
rules. What is a good turn out? 43% of the registered..registered
voters..which is something like 27% of the population. The vast
majority of the public simply doesnt give a ****.

It still remains that about 80% of the voters knew January 2001, if not
which candidate, which party they would be voting for in 2004. It is the
other "wishy washy" :-) 20% who are the targeting of all the
electioneering.

Leno gives prime
examples when he does the Man on the Street interviews.....

Do you think those are real? I've seen a few and just hoped they were
staged. I just can't imagine that so many people are that ignorant.

It could also be that the smart ones don't get aired.

It's painful.
I thought you'd bragged up about how you don't watch TV?
Sue

--
pyotr filipivich.
Sue

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 02:32:46 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

I'm sure that's so. There's nothing humorous about someone actually
knowing the answer. But, still............
Sue