Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default I picked up the ready welder for $175

I talked to the seller of the ready welder last night, it turns out it's the
1000 model so max OCV is 48 volts. We talked a bit and he said $175 its
yours, so I picked it up today. It looks like changing over to a wall wart
or some sort of transformer setup is very easy. I called Ready Welder and
they will up grade for a fee, but I must have a 24 volt or close transformer
stuck in a far lost box.

The welder is new never used and looks good, its sure not built like the SG
spool gun I picked up with the Miller but what the hell it sure looks to be
a fair price.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article ,
"wayne mak" wrote:

I talked to the seller of the ready welder last night, it turns out it's the
1000 model so max OCV is 48 volts. We talked a bit and he said $175 its
yours, so I picked it up today. It looks like changing over to a wall wart
or some sort of transformer setup is very easy. I called Ready Welder and
they will up grade for a fee, but I must have a 24 volt or close transformer
stuck in a far lost box.

The welder is new never used and looks good, its sure not built like the SG
spool gun I picked up with the Miller but what the hell it sure looks to be
a fair price.

Don't let the Mattel toy appearance throw you, it is a 200 amp 100 %
duty cycle spoolgun.

--
Welding Instructor - South Seattle Comm. Coll.
- Divers Institute of Technology
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Wiley

In article , Ernie
Leimkuhler wrote:

In article ,
"wayne mak" wrote:

I talked to the seller of the ready welder last night, it turns out it's
the
1000 model so max OCV is 48 volts. We talked a bit and he said $175 its
yours, so I picked it up today. It looks like changing over to a wall wart
or some sort of transformer setup is very easy. I called Ready Welder and
they will up grade for a fee, but I must have a 24 volt or close
transformer
stuck in a far lost box.

The welder is new never used and looks good, its sure not built like the SG
spool gun I picked up with the Miller but what the hell it sure looks to be
a fair price.

Don't let the Mattel toy appearance throw you, it is a 200 amp 100 %
duty cycle spoolgun.

I've managed to burn right thru 5mm wall thickness boiler pipe using
flux cored wire while playing with mine. I'm happy with it; while I've
only gone thru a bit more than one roll so far, I burnt it up doing
pretty long runs with the arc welder it was attached to jacked up to
max current (250A) and a pretty fast wirefeed. In fact I just leave the
arc welder wound all the way up & use the speed control on the gun to
control the deposition rate. Not trying to weld anything less than 1/8
so far, tho.

PDW