Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stone

Default OT - Tire tube question

I am looking for inner tubes for
26 x 1200 x 12 tires
that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company
that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have
these threaded stems but I've never looked
for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on
the web before venturing around to all the
tire shops and the blank stares.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull

In article .com,
"stone" wrote:

I am looking for inner tubes for
26 x 1200 x 12 tires
that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company
that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have
these threaded stems but I've never looked
for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on
the web before venturing around to all the
tire shops and the blank stares.

If it's an inner tube it doesn't have to have a threaded stem.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stone

Gee thanks for taking the time for that response.

For everyone else, I'm looking for a threaded stem
tube because I prefer it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Shoppa

stone wrote:
I am looking for inner tubes for
26 x 1200 x 12 tires
that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company
that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have
these threaded stems but I've never looked
for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on
the web before venturing around to all the
tire shops and the blank stares.

The best tire shops to ask at would be ones that sell tires for farm
implements etc. On several occasions these places were able to locate
for me some obscure tire/tube items that I'm sure are nowhere to be
found on the web.

At a regular auto tire shop, you will probably just get blank stares.
If it's not in their computer, the probably can't sell it to you.

Tim.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On 13 Feb 2006 10:27:02 -0800, the renowned "Tim Shoppa"
wrote:

stone wrote:
I am looking for inner tubes for
26 x 1200 x 12 tires
that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company
that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have
these threaded stems but I've never looked
for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on
the web before venturing around to all the
tire shops and the blank stares.

The best tire shops to ask at would be ones that sell tires for farm
implements etc. On several occasions these places were able to locate
for me some obscure tire/tube items that I'm sure are nowhere to be
found on the web.

At a regular auto tire shop, you will probably just get blank stares.
If it's not in their computer, the probably can't sell it to you.

Tim.

Princess Auto used to sell used aircraft tires to farmers. Apparently
there was more than enough tread left on them to give good service,
and of course they were cheap. Nylon belted radials, IIRC.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On 13 Feb 2006 04:09:35 -0800, "stone" wrote:

I am looking for inner tubes for
26 x 1200 x 12 tires
that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company
that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have
these threaded stems but I've never looked
for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on
the web before venturing around to all the
tire shops and the blank stares.

Then don't call all the local tire shops - Duh!! ;-)

Unless you live in Flyover Country or call a shop that specializes
in farm implements or heavy equipment, you already know that they have
never dealt with them and wouldn't have a clue where to look.

Call the regional tire distribution warehouses serving your area, or
have your favorite tire dealer call the ones he deals with for you.
The warehouses are the most likely to actually have a small selection
of inner tubes on the shelf, and will have the right catalogs at hand
and know which manufacturers to order them from.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545