Filipo

Default Fridge Plastic Tube Constricted Water Flow

I have an old Kenmore 22 Coldspot side-by-side fridge with ice and
water dispensers. The dispensers work fine but the water flow coming
out of the water dispenser is not as strong as it used to be. This all
happened when one day I found a small leak where the plastic tube
enters the fridge in the back. I took the tube out, re-inserted it and
tightened the fitting. The leak stopped but now the water flow is
noticeably reduced, so that I have to press the front water dispenser
level a full minute just to fill up a glass of water. This fridge used
to have a copper connection and when we moved, the installer switched
us over to the plastic tube.

I like the plastic tube better than the copper tube. But how do I
tighten the connection so that the leak stops but the water flow is
not restricted. Do I need to change the connector where the plastic
tube enters the copper tube? If so, what kind of connector should I
get?

Thanks for any help.

ftt
Stormin Mormon

I was thinking to loosen the fitting around the tube, and back the tube out
about 1/16 inch, and then retighten.

Sounds like the tube had a square end, and the person bottomed out the
square end.

Jeff is more likely right about this one. Please write again, and let us
know how things worked out for you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"jeff" wrote in message
m...
(Filipo) wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Hi,

The plastic line can become crushed by tightenign the compression
fitting....usually use a small insert to prevent the plastic lines
from being squished/crushed.....

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=586201
Inserts for 1/4 inch plastic tubing

Hope this helps,

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Filipo

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...
I was thinking to loosen the fitting around the tube, and back the tube out
about 1/16 inch, and then retighten.

Sounds like the tube had a square end, and the person bottomed out the
square end.

Jeff is more likely right about this one. Please write again, and let us
know how things worked out for you.

Jeff's idea worked! I ordered the part, stuck it into the tube,
tightened the nut 1 quarter past finger-tight, and opened the water
faucet. Voila! Thanks, folks!

ftt