Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Bruce Bergman -- 3 phase plug

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 05:15:55 GMT, Ignoramus21405
wrote:

Got this 3 phase plug/receptacle combo. It is rated for 60 amps, and
my welder is rated for 44 amps 3 phase 240 volts.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/3-Phase-Plug/

It is actually pretty big.

I bought it for $16.50 (including shipping) on eBay.

That's great if you only plan to own one 3Ph 240V welder. ;-) When
you buy the second welder and need just the plug, you might pay a
little more for it at the wholesale house.

Now keep your eyes open on eBay for the next one. If they have any
sense, they'll advertise it with the right easy-to-search keywords
like 'NEMA 18-60 18-60P' and the actual part number. Can't find the
Hubbell book, but in Leviton it's 8360 receptacle and 8362P nylon
angle plug.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:02:33 GMT, Ignoramus6309 wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:32:10 GMT, Bruce L Bergman wrote:

That's great if you only plan to own one 3Ph 240V welder. ;-) When
you buy the second welder and need just the plug, you might pay a
little more for it at the wholesale house.

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

Iggy, we live close. You buy it, store it at my house, and come up and
use it any time you want.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:42:57 GMT, Ignoramus6309 wrote:
On 29 Dec 2005 18:39:54 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Iggy, we live close. You buy it, store it at my house, and come up and
use it any time you want.

That's a clever idea...

That said, you'd have to give me a notarized document of some sort so I
could show my wife that it really _isn't_ mine. Otherwise we'd need
that coffin after all.

Dave "30 acres, and she still cares what I bring home??!?!!?" Hinz

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

wrote:

That's great if you only plan to own one 3Ph 240V welder. ;-) When
you buy the second welder and need just the plug, you might pay a
little more for it at the wholesale house.

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

You only have ONE??????

Sigh..kids these days.....

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

wrote:

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

You only have ONE??????

Of course. Who in their right mind would want more than one? Iggy's a
bit odd, but he's not freaking insane.

Sigh..kids these days.....

I mean, come on. Unless you're in Utah, that sort of thing just doesn't
fly. And maybe not even there, these days.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

wrote:

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

You only have ONE??????

Of course. Who in their right mind would want more than one? Iggy's a
bit odd, but he's not freaking insane.

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders. And Im not
insane.

Sigh..kids these days.....

I mean, come on. Unless you're in Utah, that sort of thing just doesn't
fly. And maybe not even there, these days.

Napolean Bonipart

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On 29 Dec 2005 17:01:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

Only 2.

How many does a guy need?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:50:49 GMT, Ignoramus6309
wrote:

Bruce, I bought two more of such plug/receptacle combos, same price
minus a little shipping discount.

Good - because you'll need one set the minute you need to work on a
car out in the driveway, or a steel gate out by the street.

A 50' or 100' chunk of surplus 6-4 or 4-4 SO Cord - or do it the
Movie Studio way with 4 pieces of #4 Welding taped into a cable, a 4S
box for the receptacle, a cord grip, and a bit of assembly work...

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

You only have ONE??????

Of course. Who in their right mind would want more than one? Iggy's a
bit odd, but he's not freaking insane.

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders. And Im not
insane.

That's debatable. ;-P Go back and read your "Some days it takes a
bit longer" rant from this weekend, focusing on the number of times
you filled your sneakers with oil, and then I double-dog dare you to
say that again with a straight face. And remember, laughing at the
utter absurdities of life is always preferable to beating your head
against a wall.

There are a few advantages to being single. Very few, but...

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

wrote:

I would also need to order a coffin for myself, as my wife will surely
kill me if I buy a second welder.

You only have ONE??????

Of course. Who in their right mind would want more than one? Iggy's a
bit odd, but he's not freaking insane.

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders. And Im not
insane.

That's debatable. ;-P Go back and read your "Some days it takes a
bit longer" rant from this weekend, focusing on the number of times
you filled your sneakers with oil, and then I double-dog dare you to
say that again with a straight face. And remember, laughing at the
utter absurdities of life is always preferable to beating your head
against a wall.

There are a few advantages to being single. Very few, but...

-- Bruce --

Absent minded does not equate insane Bruce....if it did..most of the
posters here on RCM would be firmly insconced in a rubber room, with
fingerpaint under our finger nails.

I like to think of it not as absent minded..but thinking ahead of the
envelope and developing control instabilities past the design specs.

I understand it happens with high performance aircraft too.

And if I didnt laugh at lifes absurdities..Id not have posted that
"rant" in such a fashion.

Lol

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Only 2.
How many does a guy need?

Wrong question. That's like saying two welders is too many....

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 02:46:12 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 29 Dec 2005 17:01:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

Only 2.

How many does a guy need?

Gunner

==================
One more than he has.....

Uncle George
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On 30 Dec 2005 08:03:35 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Only 2.
How many does a guy need?

Wrong question. That's like saying two welders is too many....

Jim

G I thought Id play straightman for ya.

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an
interesting question here....

lol

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

wrote:

Wrong question. That's like saying two welders is too many....

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an
interesting question here....

We _just_ covered that over in rec.guns, over in the last couple days.
Consensus: undefined.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 29 Dec 2005 17:01:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Made a deal with my wife about murdersickles. I had two at th' time.
Told her I wouldn't get anymore bikes until a kid moved out. Had four
kids at th' time also. Kid moves out, I get a new bike, repeat as
necessary. We had three more kids after that, five gone, two left to
go.

When th' last one moves out I'll have a different bike for each day of
th' week... and every day will be a Sat. (retired).

Snarl... 5 years, 5 months, 6 days n' change

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 29 Dec 2005 17:01:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

Only 2.

How many does a guy need?

Seven.

Snarl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an
interesting question here....

I take it you've read the Dave Barry tretise on "all those guns?"

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner Asch writes on Fri, 30 Dec
2005 02:46:12 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On 29 Dec 2005 17:01:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Hells bells man..I have hummmm lets see...5 welders.

Ah, but how many motorcycles?

Jim

Only 2.

How many does a guy need?

Well, you can only ride two at a time, so ...
--
pyotr filipivich
Never pass up a change to kiss a Beeping Sleauty.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

wrote:

Wrong question. That's like saying two welders is too many....

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an
interesting question here....

We _just_ covered that over in rec.guns, over in the last couple days.
Consensus: undefined.

Chuckle..like asking an antigunner just what is an "arsenal of arms"
as is often reported in the Nanny States when some guy is found to
have a .22, a pellet gun and a rusty old shotgun tucked away.

Last anti gunner type that visited (actually an rcm lurker who shall
remain nameless) got a special treat..I started opening gun cabinets
and dragging stuff out...the eyes got bigger and bigger with each
armload...and I could see the tell tale twitching and feet movements
as they wanted to run screaming down the street in abject horror and
panic.

I could tell from the first..when I swung the two main doors open on
my "misc stuff" cabinet...chuckle... its 10' long....and they are
racked every 3.5". With swords and daggers and whatnot stored on
hooks above the barrels..and the side bins hold knives piled on top of
each other or in their boxes...

The steel cabinets hold the Good Stuff....

Little did he know..that one of his neighbors has far more firearms
than me...chortle...

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On 30 Dec 2005 12:00:24 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

Now if you had asked "how many guns is too many".....that would be an
interesting question here....

I take it you've read the Dave Barry tretise on "all those guns?"

Jim

Not that I can remember.

Got a link?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

I take it you've read the Dave Barry tretise on "all those guns?"

Not that I can remember.

Got a link?

Don't need one.

The concept is that as long as you SO can actually *count* the
items, you are doomed.

IOW if she can say 'how come you have five guns,' or 'how come
you have three motorcycles' then you are in trouble. But if
you increase the stable to a larger number, it simply morphs
into "all those guns" or "all those motorycles."

At that point you are home-free. You can have as many as you
want because you are in the "all those XXXXs" zone.

In my case the comment is "how come you have all that quilt fabric
and all those sewing machines...."

And she says "all those motorycles in the garage." And "all
those lathes in the basement."

Keep 'em moving, keep 'em too numerous to count.

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On 31 Dec 2005 08:46:13 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch says...

[...]

Ah!! Then Im home safe. She doesnt have a clue as to how many I own.
When we were kid proofing the house when the grandbaby moved it..she
kept finding guns and stacking them up on the dining room table, never
blinked an eye. Course..she does have her own several 1911s..and she
comandeered the Ruger Redhawk as her very own...

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
snip----

Absent minded does not equate insane Bruce....if it did..most of the
posters here on RCM would be firmly insconced in a rubber room, with
fingerpaint under our finger nails.

How is it that you know most of us aren't? g

Harold