SteveB

Default American Chopper Cutter/Grinder?

Is that a die grinder I see them using with the small flat cutting blades?
Can you get those cutting blades for a regular angle grinder?

Guess it is time to get an air powered die grinder.

Steve

Backlash

Yes, you can get slitter blades for the 4 and 4 1/2" angle grinder. I have
just started using these, although I have been using them on die grinders
for forever it seems. Easy to break if not handled during use correctly. A
90 degree air grinder works well in some cases with these blades also.
(cutting commode mounting bolts with a portable air tank for instance). I
wish the guys on AC would buy a vertical bandsaw and quit struggling so hard
in cutting out a piece of metal. I especially chuckle at them in cutting out
curved flat plates with the grinder.

RJ

"SteveB" wrote in message
Is that a die grinder I see them using with the small flat cutting blades?
Can you get those cutting blades for a regular angle grinder?

Guess it is time to get an air powered die grinder.

Steve

Mark Rand

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:08:18 -0500, "Backlash" wrote:

Yes, you can get slitter blades for the 4 and 4 1/2" angle grinder. I have
just started using these, although I have been using them on die grinders
for forever it seems. Easy to break if not handled during use correctly. A
90 degree air grinder works well in some cases with these blades also.
(cutting commode mounting bolts with a portable air tank for instance). I
wish the guys on AC would buy a vertical bandsaw and quit struggling so hard
in cutting out a piece of metal. I especially chuckle at them in cutting out
curved flat plates with the grinder.

RJ

I would have thought that a nibbler would be more portable

Mark Rand
RTFM
Randy Zimmerman

I have one of these right angle die grinders. You can buy the small discs
and an arbour to mount them on. The arbour ran me around ten dollars and
the discs vary from a dollar to about three dollars each depending on
quality and brand name.
My unit is a cheap import and I can stall it with a gloved hand. This
is an advantage if the disc happens to get jammed. I put a swivel
connection on the air hose that also has a throttle. Most air tool
suppliers have these swivel throttles. That way I can control maximum speed
of the unit when I want to grind/cut very carefully.
Randy

"SteveB" wrote in message
Is that a die grinder I see them using with the small flat cutting blades?
Can you get those cutting blades for a regular angle grinder?

Guess it is time to get an air powered die grinder.

Steve

Mark

SteveB wrote:
Is that a die grinder I see them using with the small flat cutting blades?

I don't watch the show but from other responses:

I call them a Wizzer Wheel, like 1/32 or 1/16 thick. Fits a standard arbor.

Buy good ones and buy plenty of them, they can be used up fast.

I think I get more use from a straight grinder, angle grinders are
easier to use (sort of) but once you learn how to position and brace
yourself a straight grinders better.

Mileage varies when it comes to areas only angle grinders will fit.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)

Backlash

A nibbler is a good portable tool, but is somewhat limited by not being able
to cut thicker metal, and some units make it difficult to see the cut line
during use.
These guys seem to have the bucks to buy good stationary shop equipment ,
anyway. For the average backyard person getting started on his/her way to a
shop that will end up being too small, a variety of good, versatile handheld
power tools is definitely my recommendation.

RJ

wrote:

Yes, you can get slitter blades for the 4 and 4 1/2" angle grinder. I

have
just started using these, although I have been using them on die grinders
for forever it seems. Easy to break if not handled during use correctly.

90 degree air grinder works well in some cases with these blades also.
(cutting commode mounting bolts with a portable air tank for instance).

wish the guys on AC would buy a vertical bandsaw and quit struggling so

hard
in cutting out a piece of metal. I especially chuckle at them in cutting

out
curved flat plates with the grinder.

RJ

I would have thought that a nibbler would be more portable

Mark Rand
RTFM

GJRepesh

At least they're getting the last laugh. On TV and most likely getting paid for
it. Probably selling a bike now and then.

The circle wouldn't be complete without you naybobs flapping your jaws.