Backlash

Default American Chopper Cutter/Grinder?

A nibbler is a good portable tool, but is somewhat limited by not being able
to cut thicker metal, and some units make it difficult to see the cut line
during use.
These guys seem to have the bucks to buy good stationary shop equipment ,
anyway. For the average backyard person getting started on his/her way to a
shop that will end up being too small, a variety of good, versatile handheld
power tools is definitely my recommendation.

RJ

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:08:18 -0500, "Backlash"

wrote:

Yes, you can get slitter blades for the 4 and 4 1/2" angle grinder. I

have
just started using these, although I have been using them on die grinders
for forever it seems. Easy to break if not handled during use correctly.

90 degree air grinder works well in some cases with these blades also.
(cutting commode mounting bolts with a portable air tank for instance).

wish the guys on AC would buy a vertical bandsaw and quit struggling so

hard
in cutting out a piece of metal. I especially chuckle at them in cutting

out
curved flat plates with the grinder.

RJ

I would have thought that a nibbler would be more portable

Mark Rand
RTFM