Gunner Asch

Default Emerson Horizon 1 VFD info request

I just finished installing an Emerson Horizon 1 singlephase to 3phase
VFD on my big Delta drillpress. Its only rated for 1/2 hp, but runs
the 3/4hp motor just fine, even when I stuffed a 2MT 1" bit into the
quill and burned through a chunk of HRS at low rpms.

Mine has a blanked position for "reverse" and no obvious terminals
inside, plus there is a second set of terminals that indicate a switch
goes across them..and there is a jumper there..but they dont seem to
do anything.

Anyone have a manual and can give me a clue on how to wire in a
reverse switch and what the jumpered pair is for?

And yes..Ive checked the net.

Thanks

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Brian Lawson

Hey Gunner,

Just switch two of the three leads to the MOTOR.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:48:34 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I just finished installing an Emerson Horizon 1 singlephase to 3phase
VFD on my big Delta drillpress. Its only rated for 1/2 hp, but runs
the 3/4hp motor just fine, even when I stuffed a 2MT 1" bit into the
quill and burned through a chunk of HRS at low rpms.

Mine has a blanked position for "reverse" and no obvious terminals
inside, plus there is a second set of terminals that indicate a switch
goes across them..and there is a jumper there..but they dont seem to
do anything.

Anyone have a manual and can give me a clue on how to wire in a
reverse switch and what the jumpered pair is for?

And yes..Ive checked the net.

Thanks

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Pete C.

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Gunner,

Just switch two of the three leads to the MOTOR.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Er, with the inverter output *off* unless you want to blow up the
inverter.

Pete C.

wrote:

I just finished installing an Emerson Horizon 1 singlephase to 3phase
VFD on my big Delta drillpress. Its only rated for 1/2 hp, but runs
the 3/4hp motor just fine, even when I stuffed a 2MT 1" bit into the
quill and burned through a chunk of HRS at low rpms.

Mine has a blanked position for "reverse" and no obvious terminals
inside, plus there is a second set of terminals that indicate a switch
goes across them..and there is a jumper there..but they dont seem to
do anything.

Anyone have a manual and can give me a clue on how to wire in a
reverse switch and what the jumpered pair is for?

And yes..Ive checked the net.

Thanks

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:33:40 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Gunner,

Just switch two of the three leads to the MOTOR.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Duh...but I want the VFD to do it. G

Gunner

wrote:

I just finished installing an Emerson Horizon 1 singlephase to 3phase
VFD on my big Delta drillpress. Its only rated for 1/2 hp, but runs
the 3/4hp motor just fine, even when I stuffed a 2MT 1" bit into the
quill and burned through a chunk of HRS at low rpms.

Mine has a blanked position for "reverse" and no obvious terminals
inside, plus there is a second set of terminals that indicate a switch
goes across them..and there is a jumper there..but they dont seem to
do anything.

Anyone have a manual and can give me a clue on how to wire in a
reverse switch and what the jumpered pair is for?

And yes..Ive checked the net.

Thanks

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:18:26 -0600, Mike Berger
wrote:

Then connect a suitably large DPDT switch to reverse
the leads for you.

Uh uh....I want the VFD to do it.