Sam Goldwasser

Default Request for info: AN6516N IC

14 pin DIP found in a photocopier or laser printer dual output high
voltage power supply.

There's also an 8 pin DIP labeled

6562
249

Which I think is a Panasonic dual op-amp with standard pinout.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.

Sam Goldwasser

Franc Zabkar writes:

On 06 Aug 2003 19:52:42 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
put finger to keyboard and composed:

14 pin DIP found in a photocopier or laser printer dual output high
voltage power supply.

There's also an 8 pin DIP labeled

6562
249

Which I think is a Panasonic dual op-amp with standard pinout.

Freetradezone has a datasheet for the AN6562.

AN6562 - IC,OP-AMP,DUAL,BIPOLAR,DIP,8PIN,PLASTIC

Thanks. It's the other one though that's more of a mystery since the AN6562
at least has the standard dual op-amp pinout.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.

Tom

Sam Goldwasser wrote in message ...
Franc Zabkar writes:

On 06 Aug 2003 19:52:42 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
put finger to keyboard and composed:

14 pin DIP found in a photocopier or laser printer dual output high
voltage power supply.

There's also an 8 pin DIP labeled

6562
249

Which I think is a Panasonic dual op-amp with standard pinout.

Freetradezone has a datasheet for the AN6562.

AN6562 - IC,OP-AMP,DUAL,BIPOLAR,DIP,8PIN,PLASTIC

Thanks. It's the other one though that's more of a mystery since the AN6562
at least has the standard dual op-amp pinout.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page: http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info: http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work. To
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.

Sam,

I've got a copy of the AN6562 datasheet I could send you (3 page
..pdf)if you can't get if from Freetradezone, but I didn't see any
mention of the AN6516N in the Panasonic CD catalog or databooks that I
have. It does say that their part numbering system uses 'AN' for
analog IC's, the '65' is op-amps, and the 'N' is an "improved" part
(over the AN6516). The part wasn't listed in their 'maintenance' or
'discontinued' sections, either.
Is the age of the photocopier such that the 249 on the AN6562 could be
a date code (49th week of '02)? If not, what would be the likely age
of the part?

Tom
Sam Goldwasser

(Tom) writes:

I've got a copy of the AN6562 datasheet I could send you (3 page
.pdf)if you can't get if from Freetradezone, but I didn't see any

Thanks, I did find it on freetradezone.com.

mention of the AN6516N in the Panasonic CD catalog or databooks that I
have. It does say that their part numbering system uses 'AN' for
analog IC's, the '65' is op-amps, and the 'N' is an "improved" part
(over the AN6516). The part wasn't listed in their 'maintenance' or
'discontinued' sections, either.
Is the age of the photocopier such that the 249 on the AN6562 could be
a date code (49th week of '02)? If not, what would be the likely age
of the part?

It's the HV power supply for a Panasonic KX-P4430 laser printer. So, that
could indeed be a date code.

Perhaps, someone might have more info on the specs of this unit. It has
3 outputs: +HV which seems to be not regulated but current limited, varies
with input voltage; -HV which is voltage regulated to about 5 kV, and a low
voltage low current output of about 100 V, adjustable with a user pot.

So if AN65 is for op-amps, I should just see if it makes sense as a
quad op-amp with standard pinout.

No big deal, more out of curiosity than anything else.