Pete Snell

Default Is this just one of those "Secret" Machinist things?

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 00:14:36 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

Next time you're here, please try a Starbucks or real coffee house,
not a cafe. The real thing isn't boiled or set on a warmer for 8
hours; each cup is made fresh.

Either that or come north and stop at Timmy's

Aahhhh, the crack cocaine of coffees.....

--
__
Pete Snell

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw
Greg Menke

"Ken Davey" writes:

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 04:18:49 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 00:14:36 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Ah, but first they will have to learn how to make Proper
Coffee. That is the Secret.

Hah! You don't drink coffee in the US. It is some kind of slightly
flavoured brown liquid. I guess that the coffee-trick only works
because
of all the Cl added to your water. "Coffee" was a bad experience I
had
in the USA.

Next time you're here, please try a Starbucks or real coffee house,
not a cafe. The real thing isn't boiled or set on a warmer for 8
hours; each cup is made fresh.

Either that or come north and stop at Timmy's
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Wander on over to alt.coffee and say that you think that $tarbuck$ makes
great coffee.
Then duck and run - FAST!
The only reason that the chain coffee shops make it at all is due to the
fact that the big coffee suppliers made the decision long ago that they
could foist absolute crap on the North American public counting on consumer
ignorance.
I used to be one of those 'ignorant' until I travelled to Costa Rica and
learned what a wonderful beverage coffee could be.
I now home-roast my own. World of difference.

Regards.
Ken.

The local 7-11 has better coffee than any Starbuck's I've been in.
Though maybe the suave & hip decor in Starbucks makes people think their
stuff tastes better.

Gregm
Spehro Pefhany

On 02 Nov 2005 11:09:08 -0500, the renowned Greg Menke
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

Starbucks coffee is just like the women that hang out there- weak and
bitter.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Steve Smith

Don Bruder wrote:

In article ,
Steve Smith wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the record show that spaco wrote back on
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:50:38 -0600 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I can't comment on the general usefulness of this idea, but the coffee
itself will leave a microscopic oily finish. I notice this when I wipe
out our coffee pot.

Hey, the other day, when I first went over to Bldg 1, I discovered a
Terrible Site - the inside of my coffee mug. Those crazies have a really
bright light over their coffee machine, so when you pop the top off the
coffee mug, "Yech! What is that stuff?? Quick, add coffee and cover it
up!"

tschus
pyotr

Are you referring to the patina?

Steve

There's a clearly visible difference between patina and the layer of
"coffee scrunge" that builds up in a "continuous duty" coffee cup, or on
the inside of a coffee maker. There's NO mistaking them for each other
once you've seen them side by side!

Sorry, I forgot to mention I was making a joke... Isn't email great?

Steve
Gunner

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:51:22 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

The local 7-11 has better coffee than any Starbuck's I've been in.
Though maybe the suave & hip decor in Starbucks makes people think their
stuff tastes better.

Gregm

Starbucks coffee is just like the women that hang out there- weak and
bitter.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ohhhhhh! May I have that for sig material???

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Steve Smith wrote back on Tue,
01 Nov 2005 19:57:47 -0500 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Let the record show that spaco wrote back on
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:50:38 -0600 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

I can't comment on the general usefulness of this idea, but the coffee
itself will leave a microscopic oily finish. I notice this when I wipe
out our coffee pot.

Hey, the other day, when I first went over to Bldg 1, I discovered a
Terrible Site - the inside of my coffee mug. Those crazies have a really
bright light over their coffee machine, so when you pop the top off the
coffee mug, "Yech! What is that stuff?? Quick, add coffee and cover it
up!"

tschus
pyotr

Are you referring to the patina?

Patina is one thing, but this had texture, erosion features, and
various other geological topography.

I had to muck it out just to restore capacity ...

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Spehro Pefhany

wrote:

The local 7-11 has better coffee than any Starbuck's I've been in.
Though maybe the suave & hip decor in Starbucks makes people think their
stuff tastes better.

Gregm

Starbucks coffee is just like the women that hang out there- weak and
bitter.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ohhhhhh! May I have that for sig material???

Gunner

Absolutely. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany