Greg Menke

Default Is this just one of those "Secret" Machinist things?

"Ken Davey" writes:

Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 04:18:49 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 00:14:36 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Ah, but first they will have to learn how to make Proper
Coffee. That is the Secret.

Hah! You don't drink coffee in the US. It is some kind of slightly
flavoured brown liquid. I guess that the coffee-trick only works
because
of all the Cl added to your water. "Coffee" was a bad experience I
had
in the USA.

Next time you're here, please try a Starbucks or real coffee house,
not a cafe. The real thing isn't boiled or set on a warmer for 8
hours; each cup is made fresh.

Either that or come north and stop at Timmy's
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Wander on over to alt.coffee and say that you think that $tarbuck$ makes
great coffee.
Then duck and run - FAST!
The only reason that the chain coffee shops make it at all is due to the
fact that the big coffee suppliers made the decision long ago that they
could foist absolute crap on the North American public counting on consumer
ignorance.
I used to be one of those 'ignorant' until I travelled to Costa Rica and
learned what a wonderful beverage coffee could be.
I now home-roast my own. World of difference.

Regards.
Ken.

The local 7-11 has better coffee than any Starbuck's I've been in.
Though maybe the suave & hip decor in Starbucks makes people think their
stuff tastes better.

Gregm