Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Hinz

Default OT Makarov 9x18 bullet stuck in a Beretta

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 14:21:16 GMT, Ignoramus1729 wrote:

I ****ed up. Tried to use 9x18 Makarov rounds in a Beretta 92FS. Never
actually fired the gun with that bullet, since it got stuck.

Both the 9x18 and 9x19 headspace on the neck, so your case is probably
1mm too far forward.

It jammed solid. The slide is perfectly stuck. Does not go forward or
backward. Releasing the slide release or magazine release does
nothing.

I can't reconcile that. I'd guess the end of the case is at the front
of the chamber, and that the extractor is behind the rim of the case.
But I can't mentally picture the geometry that would make the slide not
open. Is it fully shut, as in barrel locked up?

Just WTF should I do now... Any ideas...

I'm pretty confident in the shop, and around guns in general, but
to me this sounds like a "gunsmith" call.

Dave