Ignoramus1729 wrote:

If I understand, the round is live? If so, see a gunsmith and make
sure you understand the transport rules in your area about
transporting a loaded firearm.

Well, the gun is on SAFE. It is not capable of firing even if I turned
safery to FIRE. Even if I turned safety to FIRE, the firing pin would
not protrude from the back. Also, the hammer could not hit it anyway
due to slide placement (the bottom of the slide would prevent the
hammer from striking the pin).

I am not terribly worried that the gun is about to go off, and not too
worried about transporting it, but I will try to make basic
precautions (such as driving slowly so as not to get stopped by cops).
Even if I was stopped by cops, I would be unlikely to be prosecuted
since the gun is not capable of firing. I really am not looking to
start a gun law discussion here.

I wasn't trying to start one, just wanted you to be aware incase you
lived in a very gun unfriendly State.

Wes S
NRA Life
MCRGO