gfulton

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
. ..
jim rozen wrote:
In article , Gunner Asch

says...

Somehow I kept my big mouth shut, but looking at those plug blades
pushed right through the wallpaper got me wondering if maybe she kept
her pantyhose on when she.......

It's not too hard to figure out if a lady doesn't take them off during the
nasty. Look inside the foot section. When the toes curl on the downstroke,
you can see where her nails abraded the material. That's one serious method
of contraception, though.

Leo Lichtman

"Gene Kearns" wrote: (clip) This nitwit actually stalled a turret lathe
using his body and his clothes as tools!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The man is lucky he wasn't killed or dismembered. I have a similar story,
with less dramatic results. Someone was turning some round stock by feeding
it through a collet, so the other end was sticking out into the aisle. One
of the other employees, wearing a shop coat, came by and the end of the
revolving barstock snagged his shoulder. It twisted his shop coat into sort
of a "rope," and then his whole body started turning and flopping at the
speed of the lathe until someone turned it off.

Jeff Wisnia

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:00:11 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

Gary Brady wrote: (clip) that red button was covered in the same green
paint that covered everything else. it had flaked a bit, revealing a hint
of red.(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gary was referring to the reset button on his old compressor. This is a
good candidate to start a new series: "The dumbest, most unmechanical thing
I've ever seen anyone do."

Worst one I recall was in a machine shop that was segmented into
departments. One of the (new hire) denizens of the "Drill" department
running a large railway drill (which was dangerous enough by itself)
needed a tap with more taper. Not being able to satisfy himself with
what the tool room could provide, he sauntered over to the "Turret
Lathe" department (fortunately passing up a #5 Gisholt) and popped the
tap into the chuck of a Warner and Swasey #3. Spinning the lathe up to
speed he proceeded to "file" a more pleasing shape on the end of the
tap.

All went as well as could be expected as 60 hard met 60 hard.... until
the fateful flapping of his long sleeve cuff became tangled in the
machinery. As cloth rent and his nose came closer and closer to the
work, our mechanical genius reached over his head for the clutch lever
with his free right hand.... only to have that dangly sleeve snatched
up in the works, as well.

This nitwit actually stalled a turret lathe using his body and his
clothes as tools!

About 8 weeks later, the doctor released him to come back to work and
he still looked like he had impugned the sexual orientation of all of
the patrons in a large biker bar. The stitches were out, but there
were scars. Luckily there were no broken bones, but his neck still
held the bruises of where his clothing had pulled him into the works.
The weave of the cloth could still be seen on the back of his neck.

Predictably, after all of the pain and suffering endured, he was
fired. They couldn't have kept him on.... he was as great a danger to
the rest of us as he was to himself....

I learned my lesson the same way, about 55 years ago in my Jr. High
school metalshop class.

Why the hell the shop instructor let us wear shop coats with long
sleeves I'll never know. And maybe he warned us to roll up the sleeves
around moving machinery, but it hadn't sunk in.

I was making a little "all metal" cross peen hammer and was smoothing
the tapered part of the handle with a file while it was spinning in a
lathe, driven by a lathe dog.

Predictably, the square head screw on the dog cought the left sleeve of
my shop coat. It must have been weak cloth, or maybe the same guardian
angel who kept me from killing myself in a car was on the job, 'cause
the whole sleeve ripped off, and all I suffered was shock and embarrassment.

I completed making that little hammer and it is still hanging on my home
shop wall. I can't look at it without remembering how lucky I was that day.

I've save a whole bunch of J.R. Williams' "Bull of The Woods" cartoons
in digital form. One of them is very OT for this thread. Lookee he

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/temp/lathe_dog.html

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Karl Vorwerk

Alright I couldn't pass this up.
A prostitute and her john engaged in her profession. Afterwards the john
says "If I'd known you were a virgin I would have taken more time.: The
prostitute replied "If I'd known you were in such a hurry I would have taken
my pantyhose off."

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Gunner Asch

says...

Somehow I kept my big mouth shut, but looking at those plug blades
pushed right through the wallpaper got me wondering if maybe she kept
her pantyhose on when she.......

It's not too hard to figure out if a lady doesn't take them off during the
nasty. Look inside the foot section. When the toes curl on the
downstroke,
you can see where her nails abraded the material. That's one serious
method
of contraception, though.

Karl Vorwerk

Damn. beat me to the post.
Karl

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
snip

Somehow I kept my big mouth shut, but looking at those plug blades
pushed right through the wallpaper got me wondering if maybe she kept
her pantyhose on when she.......

He: "If I'd known you were a virgin, I would have taken more time."

She: "If I'd known you had more time, I would have taken off my
pantyhose first."

R,
Tom Q.

--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Joe Gorman

wrote:

[...]

Have you seen the newest collection of "Bull of The Woods" at Lee
Valley? http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...11&cat=51&ap=1
Joe
adding them to my wish list
Roger Shoaf

My gotcha was a fly cutter. I was wearing a nice Darby jacket, I had the
forethought to pull back my sleeves but I had the jacket unzipped and as I
reached up to kill the power on the Bridgeport, my jacket caught on the fly
cutter and if I did not have my hand on the switch, I would have been in
real serious trouble.

--
Roger Shoaf

[...]

pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that "Roger Shoaf" wrote back on
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:05:35 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
My gotcha was a fly cutter. I was wearing a nice Darby jacket, I had the
forethought to pull back my sleeves but I had the jacket unzipped and as I
reached up to kill the power on the Bridgeport, my jacket caught on the fly
cutter and if I did not have my hand on the switch, I would have been in
real serious trouble.

Dang.

All these stories of sleeves and clothing getting caught in the
machinery leads me to the conclusion: machine naked!

Of course, there are still things which stick out... hmmm, bad idea.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.

Nokia Digivision 6352 nicam.....Can i some how reset this thing ??? MrDude Electronics Repair 0 May 21st 05 04:01 PM
Recessed Lights - Back Covers - Is there such a thing? TheScullster UK diy 6 April 27th 04 10:21 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Is there any such thing as a wood filler that doesn't crack? Alex UK diy 1 September 9th 03 05:31 PM
Electronic/Automatic welding masks - a good thing? Frank UK diy 1 July 21st 03 12:39 PM