Gunner Asch

Default Sheldon Lathe-San Jose Cal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheldon-Metal-La...c mdZViewItem

Looks like an intersting lathe

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
woodworker88

Now that is the kind of thing we could really use. The 12" craftsman
sucks just a bit too much for real use. And the best part is it is
only 20 minutes away. We could go down and pick the thing up.

Gunner Asch

On 25 Sep 2005 11:02:09 -0700, "woodworker88"
wrote:

Now that is the kind of thing we could really use. The 12" craftsman
sucks just a bit too much for real use. And the best part is it is
only 20 minutes away. We could go down and pick the thing up.

Seriously..every couple of weeks ..do a Ebay advanced search in
say..business and industrial with a radius of xxx miles (how far you
are willing to drive) and see what pops up.

Its rather surprising actually in many cases.

Now..if yu lived in the middle of the Gobi Desert..all bets are off of
course...

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Clif Holland

Texas might as well be the Gobi Desert as far as Bridgeports mills and good
lathes are concerned...

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

wrote:

Now that is the kind of thing we could really use. The 12" craftsman
sucks just a bit too much for real use. And the best part is it is
only 20 minutes away. We could go down and pick the thing up.

Seriously..every couple of weeks ..do a Ebay advanced search in
say..business and industrial with a radius of xxx miles (how far you
are willing to drive) and see what pops up.

Its rather surprising actually in many cases.

Now..if yu lived in the middle of the Gobi Desert..all bets are off of
course...

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gary Brady

Clif Holland wrote:

Texas might as well be the Gobi Desert as far as Bridgeports mills and good
lathes are concerned...

Ditto that. Even bad lathes.

Gary Brady

Martin H. Eastburn

Don't forget

http://austin.craigslist.org/

just in case someone lists it there.

Or try Houston in craigslist...

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Gary Brady wrote:
Clif Holland wrote:

Texas might as well be the Gobi Desert as far as Bridgeports mills and
good lathes are concerned...

Ditto that. Even bad lathes.

Gary Brady

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:59:27 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, xray
quickly quoth:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:55:29 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Seriously..every couple of weeks ..do a Ebay advanced search in
say..business and industrial with a radius of xxx miles (how far you
are willing to drive) and see what pops up.

Its rather surprising actually in many cases.

That's good. Never realized you could do searches based on location.

I just tried it and found that you HAVE to put in a key word for the
search to work locally. Selecting Business & Industrial within 50
miles of my zip code brought back 232k hits. With the keyword "mill"
it brought back 1 hit, a 3/4" end mill. sigh

I only wish it could show me everything in a category within reach.
sigh2

I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon)
----------------------------
Dave August

Damn,

I'm looking for a new lathe and I'm in Monterey, 40 minutes away, I wonder
how many guys form this group I'm gonna bid against.. LOL...

Dave

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheldon-Metal-La...c mdZViewItem

Looks like an intersting lathe

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Brian Lawson

Hey Larry,

I can believe it on "mill", but try a different series of key-words,
such as milling, milling machine, or Bridgeport, or or or or ...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

wrote:

Seriously..every couple of weeks ..do a Ebay advanced search in
say..business and industrial with a radius of xxx miles (how far you
are willing to drive) and see what pops up.

Its rather surprising actually in many cases.

That's good. Never realized you could do searches based on location.

I just tried it and found that you HAVE to put in a key word for the
search to work locally. Selecting Business & Industrial within 50
miles of my zip code brought back 232k hits. With the keyword "mill"
it brought back 1 hit, a 3/4" end mill. sigh

I only wish it could show me everything in a category within reach.
sigh2

I survived the D.C. Blizzard of 2003 (from Oregon)
----------------------------

Gunner

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:32:49 GMT, "Dave August"
wrote:

Damn,

I'm looking for a new lathe and I'm in Monterey, 40 minutes away, I wonder
how many guys form this group I'm gonna bid against.. LOL...

Dave

Fate favors the fleet. G

Gunner

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheldon-Metal-La...c mdZViewItem

Looks like an intersting lathe

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Gunner

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:07:42 GMT, xray
wrote:

wrote:

Damn,

I'm looking for a new lathe and I'm in Monterey, 40 minutes away, I wonder
how many guys form this group I'm gonna bid against.. LOL...

Dave

Fate favors the fleet. G

Gunner

Maybe near the coast, but they can't sail inland.

They do in Mississippi

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:00:25 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Brian Lawson quickly quoth:

Hey Larry,

I can believe it on "mill", but try a different series of key-words,
such as milling, milling machine, or Bridgeport, or or or or ...

Thanks, Brian, but BTDT. I'm an expert on Googling having used it for
eons now. My wish was that it could show me everything in a category
within reach, without regard for keywords. Using keywords alone, I'd
miss half the neat stuff I find there or on Ebay, etc.

--
"Simplicity of life, even the barest, is not misery but
the very foundation of refinement." --William Morris
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:27:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
quickly quoth:

Fate favors the fleet. G

....Of foot?

Maybe near the coast, but they can't sail inland.

They do in Mississippi

But not south of NO. I watched a CNN vid of the levee systems there
this morning. http://www.cnn.com Click "video" and search cnn.com
for "A Tale of Two Levees".