Patrick

Default Harbor Freight Catalogs -- So many!

Hi All-
I was considering ordering some sale items from a harbor freight catalog,
when another harbor freight catalog showed up in my mailbox, with completely
different sale items... does this newer catalog void the previous one? This
seems to happen eveytime I consider buying something from them. How long are
the sale prices good for?

Thanks-
Eli

Loren Coe

In article , Dragon Doctor wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:28:25 GMT, "Patrick" wrote:

Hi All-
I was considering ordering some sale items from a harbor freight catalog,
when another harbor freight catalog showed up in my mailbox, with completely
different sale items... does this newer catalog void the previous one?

It doesn't seem to...I can take any of their catalogs to their store here
and they'll honor the cat price....they have never questioned the age
of the catalog. yet

i've never seen a HF cat/flyer w/o a "good until" date, look closer.

--Loren
Nick

Also keep in mind that you will get flyers from the local stores that
are not valid on the web or by mail. So you may get a flyer from the
local stores and then one from the mail order division.

They also tend to overlap them, but they all have end dates listed for
the pricing. My experience has been that if you bring in the ad they
will honor it even after the sale. I took in a catalog from April (I
honeslty didn't notice since I have so many around the house) and the
price was higher - they actually honered the April price without me
even asking.

"Patrick" wrote in message ...
[...]

No. Just use the item number of the one that's cheaper. I've seen the same item for three
different prices in the SAME catalog. This is why it pays to have a selection of these
sales catalogs.

David Coleman
XPRTEC

Subject: Harbor Freight Catalogs -- So many!
From: Loren Coe

i've never seen a HF cat/flyer w/o a "good until" date, look closer.

--Loren
---------------------------
Loren, I would agree with you, but lately they seem to be without dates good
until.

V8TR4

I keep all my catalogs from HF and I like to leaf thru them to find which
catalog has the cheapest price on some item I suddenly have a need for. I
took my brother in law with me to HF last time and had 5 different catalogs
for the things we were buying. The sales girl looked at me for a moment and
the line behind groaned as one by one I had to show the ad as the manager
rang up the price change. I noticed that not one of them looked at the end
dates which I was adhereing to so well.

One day I was searching for a specific catalog and asked my wife if she had
thrown it away, she looked at me and laughed and said "with all the crap you
get in the mail I would never throw away the only thing you actually spend
time reading".

I even signed up and paid for their inside track catalog, something I would
normally not do.

Moral of this pointless story is:

The key to HF is buying out of the catalog with the lowest price.

PS: I noticed on last two catalogs I got they had no expiration date either.
Though they are great at hiding them all over the place. One expiration was
written along the bottom of one of the pages a few months ago.

wrote:

Hi All-
I was considering ordering some sale items from a harbor freight catalog,
when another harbor freight catalog showed up in my mailbox, with

completely
different sale items... does this newer catalog void the previous one?

This
seems to happen eveytime I consider buying something from them. How long

are
the sale prices good for?

No. Just use the item number of the one that's cheaper. I've seen the same

item for three
different prices in the SAME catalog. This is why it pays to have a

selection of these
sales catalogs.

David Coleman

Carl Ijames

I keep all my catalogs from HF and I like to leaf thru them to find
which
catalog has the cheapest price on some item I suddenly have a need

for. I

The only problem is that with online or phone ordering they won't let
you mix and match catalogs. All items have to come from the same
catalog or be their current "list" price.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

V8TR4

I did not know that. Luckily for me I have 4 HF stores all just 20 minutes
away. I will print out internet sales and bring it in and they have always
honored the price, providing they carry it. I have to order one of their
spot bead blasting guns this week because they do not have in the store.
Luckily they are very fair in shipping charges so multiple orders won't be
so bad. Also they ship from just north of me so is quick.

"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
I keep all my catalogs from HF and I like to leaf thru them to find

which
catalog has the cheapest price on some item I suddenly have a need

for. I

The only problem is that with online or phone ordering they won't let
you mix and match catalogs. All items have to come from the same
catalog or be their current "list" price.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames

Bob Engelhardt

Carl Ijames wrote:
The only problem is that with online or phone ordering they won't let
you mix and match catalogs. All items have to come from the same
catalog or be their current "list" price.

That's not been my experience. I mix-and-match all the time, on the
phone. Including numbers that I've synthesized using the online "Order
from Printed Catalog" page (to get the lowest price).

Bob
Loren Coe

In article , V8TR4 wrote:
I keep all my catalogs from HF and I like to leaf thru them to find which
catalog has the cheapest price on some item I suddenly have a need for. I
took my brother in law with me to HF last time and had 5 different catalogs
for the things we were buying. The sales girl looked at me for a moment and
the line behind groaned as one by one I had to show the ad as the manager
rang up the price change. I noticed that not one of them looked at the end
dates which I was adhereing to so well.

if the clerk knows how, all of the prices are right there on the display,
w/expirations, for the past few months. if they choose to ignore the
date, whether on the catalog or in the computer, then they are just
trying to satisfy a customer. likely it is an item that they know will
be frequently marked down and are just saving you a trip.

One day I was searching for a specific catalog and asked my wife if she had
thrown it away, she looked at me and laughed and said "with all the crap you
get in the mail I would never throw away the only thing you actually spend
time reading".

I even signed up and paid for their inside track catalog, something I would
normally not do.

Moral of this pointless story is:

Funny(!), a man with my sense of humor. grin --Loren

wrote:

Hi All-
I was considering ordering some sale items from a harbor freight catalog,
when another harbor freight catalog showed up in my mailbox, with

completely
different sale items... does this newer catalog void the previous one?

This
seems to happen eveytime I consider buying something from them. How long

are
the sale prices good for?

No. Just use the item number of the one that's cheaper. I've seen the same

item for three
different prices in the SAME catalog. This is why it pays to have a

selection of these
sales catalogs.

David Coleman

Carl Ijames

The only problem is that with online or phone ordering they won't
let
you mix and match catalogs. All items have to come from the same
catalog or be their current "list" price.

That's not been my experience. I mix-and-match all the time, on the
phone. Including numbers that I've synthesized using the online

"Order
from Printed Catalog" page (to get the lowest price).

You must give better "phone" than I do :-) :-).

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames